News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

31 Nash rat rod , im ditching mopars for ever turning into a chevy guy NOT!!!

Started by moparstuart, November 04, 2012, 08:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 11, 2012, 11:10:17 AM
what was the original fabric on a 31 Nash grille?
i have seen several pictures of tubed styles on the cheap line  or the chrome  woven mesh on a bunch too .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

paul here is one I almost bought on ebay just for parts but it was just too far gone .
It was local here in kansas city where i could have picked it up

Tube style look 

moparstuart

or here would be a fancy one with like bentley style chorme woven mesh

my deck lid is hand built and my trunk actually has a foot well , so my car I would bet was
a rumble seat car .  

moparstuart

Quote from: moparguy01 on December 11, 2012, 12:11:18 PM
so build one! its just tubes. :nana:
i dont like the tube look my self  ( I was only interested in the shell and the emblem ) , I'm painting my mesh black and red checkered  , it was free  so if i dont like it I'm just out my time  . I have the paint on the shelf already   :icon_smile_big:   I like the chrome woven mesh  but it does not fit in with the look of this car .  :Twocents:

moparstuart

My office at work has a red and black checkered theme going and so does the nash

I will most like paint my Speedway Auto Recycling Logo on the doors or big trunk lid ( great rear view ) and then weather it . But use my real work phone number so its a rolling bill board . 

moparstuart

nvrbdn

you sure can tell, get a new project and the blood starts churning. the heart starts beating. so many new choices and decisions. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Steve P.

Hey Stu, do you have a scale at work??  I'd love to know what that RAT weighs...

So there is a foot well under the tank?? I wondered how the original car was set up. That lid may even be strong enough to have a seat fabbed for it. It's built pretty heavy. Plus I have only seen 1 in my life and I believe the base and back of the seat were directly riveted to the hinges. Then you could just cut out the wall between and extend the steering shaft and drive the back seat!!!  hahahahahahahaa.... No more hear room troubles...  :D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

moparstuart

Quote from: Steve P. on December 11, 2012, 02:36:35 PM
Hey Stu, do you have a scale at work??  I'd love to know what that RAT weighs...

So there is a foot well under the tank?? I wondered how the original car was set up. That lid may even be strong enough to have a seat fabbed for it. It's built pretty heavy. Plus I have only seen 1 in my life and I believe the base and back of the seat were directly riveted to the hinges. Then you could just cut out the wall between and extend the steering shaft and drive the back seat!!!  hahahahahahahaa.... No more hear room troubles...  :D
i dont know they may all just drop off deeper at the forward part of the trunk  ? 

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on December 11, 2012, 12:06:47 PM
paul here is one I almost bought on ebay just for parts but it was just too far gone .
It was local here in kansas city where i could have picked it up

Tube style look 

I wonder if those tubes would rotate open and shut.?  I think i've seen that feature before on old cars.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Steve P.

I think I have seen it too, but on diesel trucks. Big Rigs..

The foot well has me wondering...  :scratchchin:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

moparstuart

Budnicks

"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

moparstuart

saw this in the promo video for the new graveyard carz Season II , so had to have it for the rat rod 

so i got right on there site and bought one   :drool5:

moparstuart

painted my Nash mesh for the grille RED

moparstuart

cleaned out my garage too  ,  and got the birdible out

moparstuart

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

moparstuart

JB400

greenpigs

The bird would look much better without that big honken sticker on the windshield.... :Twocents:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

moparstuart

Quote from: greenpigs on December 16, 2012, 03:23:17 AM
The bird would look much better without that big honken sticker on the windshield.... :Twocents:
yeah I know  but the thing is as long as it up there I get free pioneer stereo stuff

and guess what the old junkie burnt up unit in the Nash is also a Pioneer so my contact joe  at pioneer is sending me s free bee for the NASH too  :icon_smile_big: :nana:

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Stretch

Quote from: moparstuart on November 04, 2012, 09:48:48 PM

and if any one has an early HEMI   392 prefered thats the plan  

dodgediffernt2 on moparnuts has 2 of them he is thinking about selling at least 1 of them.
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!