News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DEPRESSION,BLUES,DARK IDEAS,,,,PLEASE ASK AND GET HELP,SOON,PLEASE

Started by djcarguy, November 13, 2012, 04:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on November 22, 2012, 06:19:17 AM
       NEWS FLASH;;;;;  GOVERNMENT STUDY ::::: WARNS ABOUT POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS WITH THE MIXING OF TURKEY,,,MEDICATION AND FOOTBALL AND DRINKING::::   THAT COMBINED WITH OVER EATING ,FAMILY AND STRESS MAY CAUSE LOSS OF SELF CONTROL,LONG PERIODS OF BLACK OUTS AND DROOLING:::

EXTREME CAUTIONS IS ADVISED ,,,HAHAHAHA  KIDDING HAVE A GOOD TURKEY DAY..........ALSO PLEASE KEEP IN MIND  MEDS AND DRINKING CAN BE A VERY BAD COMBO,WITH FAMILY AND STRESSES......... EVEN WITH OUT MEDS,,,
          IF FEELING DEPRESSED OR DOWM IN DUMPS-BLUES,,DRINKING CAN TAKE YOU OVER THE EDGE... BEEE CAREFUL AND SAFE,OUT THERE.  HAPPY BIRD DAY,WELL NOT FOR THE BIRDS,HAHA.. WHO LIKES DUCKS I HAVE 4 HANGING OUT IN BACK YARD,HAVE BEEN FATTENING THEM UP .FEED THEM LOTS OF OLD APPLES TOO ,FUN TO WATCH DRUCK DUCK,,WADDLE.HAHAHA
                             HAVE A SAFE DAY, I BEEEEE STAYING HOME WITH HEAD COLD AN CHICKEN DINNER,,NO ENERGY TA CATCH AN FIX A DUCK RIGHT NOW.                        SEE YA ON THE OTHER SIDE IF YA BELLE ANT IN THE WAY.   3 AM ON COLD MEDS AND LACK OF SLEEP..LATTTERR  DJ  
:cheers: :cheers: :pity: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on November 13, 2012, 04:07:47 AM
DEPRESSION, OR WINTER BLUES AND SAD TIME THAT LAST,,, PLEASE ASK DOC AND FAMILY OR FRIENDS FOR HELP.

THIS HAS BEEN ON MY MIND ALOT THIS LAST WEEK . IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN AND SAD,PLEASE REACH OUT.

I HAVE LOST FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND BEEN THRU THIS FOR YEARS MYSELF 30 SOME. NOW MEDS LAST 16 YRS.

PLEASE FOR GOD SAKE ,AND IF ANY DARK IDEAS OR MOODS LAST REACH OUT FOR HELP. THE MIND IS THICKY AND WE CAN NOT JUST WILL THINGS BETTER,OR JUST SNAP OUT OF IT.

SO PLEASE ASK AND GET HELP ,AND THINGS CAN GET BETTER.   I  AM VERY CONCERNED LATLY BOUT THIS AND THE TIMES AND STRESSES PEOPLE ARE DEALING WITH,THESE DAYS... OK TO PM ME IF YOU DONT WANT TO REPLY IN OPEN ,ITS OK.LATTTER DAVID J    WE CAN ALL USE A FRIEND OR HAND SOMETIMES : :2thumbs:
:cheers: :pity: :2thumbs: :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :shruggy: :Twocents:

ACUDANUT

Do something nice for a stranger today ! .  Merry Christmas everyone.

HANDM

When I feel the inevevitible depression starting up, I will unfailingly, put on my boots and simply go do something. Whether it's a walk in the woods, mowing the lawn, fixing something or working on a Mopar, there's always something to do around here.

For me, WORK IS THE ONLY SALVATION and I am confident that it's the same for all of us.......

Drache

Doing well right up until yesterday.

So I decided that this year, since I had a good job and a lot of extra spending money, I would spoil the family for Christmas. So I went out and literally spend hundreds of dollars on gifts for the whole family. It was nice seeing people open the gifts I got them because I put a lot of thought into each gift and did all my Christmas shopping while suffering with a fractured sternum.

Short while later I realized all the gifts were open and a family member asked me what I got. Absolutely nothing. Not a single person there remembered to get me a gift.

Now I know christmas isn't about gifts, but it hurts knowing no one there even thought about something. Well they all felt bad so one left and brought me back a large box of chocolates. Everyone all seemed to cheer up that I now had a gift. Except they all forgot that I'm Diabetic.

I tried to put this all behind me and then got a call about an hour later. I've been laid off.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

ACUDANUT

God only gives you what you can handle.  Stay strong my friend.
BTW, I did not get much, but at my age I don't want worthless crap anyway.

Drache

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 27, 2014, 09:53:45 AM
God only gives you what you can handle.  Stay strong my friend.

Yeah I don't really need people to buy me stuff, but having the whole family admit to you that they all forgot about you, it hurts. Especially when they spent christmas AT MY PLACE this year.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

JB400

You're not the only one that didn't have a Merry Christmas.  It's just time to move on and look forward to having a happy and better new year.

ACUDANUT

I don't think they forgot about you.  Them showing up and spending time with you is in fact a gift.  What is life without love or family. ?  Nothing.

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: Drache on December 26, 2014, 08:54:42 PM
Doing well right up until yesterday.

So I decided that this year, since I had a good job and a lot of extra spending money, I would spoil the family for Christmas. So I went out and literally spend hundreds of dollars on gifts for the whole family. It was nice seeing people open the gifts I got them because I put a lot of thought into each gift and did all my Christmas shopping while suffering with a fractured sternum.

Short while later I realized all the gifts were open and a family member asked me what I got. Absolutely nothing. Not a single person there remembered to get me a gift.

Now I know christmas isn't about gifts, but it hurts knowing no one there even thought about something. Well they all felt bad so one left and brought me back a large box of chocolates. Everyone all seemed to cheer up that I now had a gift. Except they all forgot that I'm Diabetic.

I tried to put this all behind me and then got a call about an hour later. I've been laid off.

I am sorry to hear that happened to you, Drache.  I wish you the best of luck on finding a better job soon.  May your next year be a much better one for you....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

resq302

Sorry to hear about the lay off, Drache.  My wife got laid off this year but was lucky enough to find another one fairly quick.  Here's to a better 2015 for ya !   :cheers:

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

charge69

Sorry Drache,  I hope a better job comes along real soon!

Bobs69

at the risk of being ridiculed did Drache not say he had a good job and was able to spend lots of money on Christmas? So why are you guys consoling him for being laid off?

I find it interesting that your family forgot to get you a Christmas present. I agree that they probably did not forget you, but I don't know what to tell you.

is it possible that you've been doing so well emotionally and mentally that people were not worried about you and didn't have to have you on their mind all the time with worry?

69DAYTONASE

Quote from: Drache on December 27, 2014, 10:17:09 AM
God only gives you what you can handle.  Stay strong my friend.

Yeah I don't really need people to buy me stuff, but having the whole family admit to you that they all forgot about you, it hurts. Especially when they spent christmas AT MY PLACE this year.

Hey Drache, send all those people thank you cards for coming over, and you will never be forgotten again!
"My other car is a farm tractor"

myk

With all due respect, one shouldn't do generous things and expect gratitude or recognition to come from it; the reward from doing good and generous things should be its own reward, and knowing that you did something benevolent for your fellow man...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

djcarguy

VERY THANKFUL THAT X-MAS AN NEW BULL YEAR ARE PASSED AN WE CAN ALL FORGET THEM???         AN FOCUSS ON MAKING IT A BETTER NEW YEAR NEXT DECADE  OR CENTCURY,HO HO HO..

VERY SUNNY AN COLD OUT WEST,,USA?  BEEETS THE RAIN AN COLD OF LATE..

HAVE A GOOD NEW YEAR ;S DAY AND MAKE SOME PLANS FOR A BETTER NEW YEAR??  :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  FROM GRUMPY DJ OUT WEST   :RantExplode: :D

ACUDANUT

Quote from: 69DAYTONASE on December 29, 2014, 02:42:46 PM
Quote from: Drache on December 27, 2014, 10:17:09 AM
God only gives you what you can handle.  Stay strong my friend.

Hey Drache, send all those people thank you cards for coming over, and you will never be forgotten again!

Don't forget to thank them for their generous gifts also.  They will get the message.

TUFCAT

djcarguy

Hope we all made it thru the silly season,,holidays an new year an winter are my worst time of the year.   have a few big things coming up that iam holding on too an hangin around for.

my grandson is due in april,then my girl an son inlaw will have a boy an girl. that will bee all for them as birth is VERY hard c section for my small frame dahter. i sure hope an pray all goes good for my girl an granboy.  

saw my 2 sons at turkey day,but not a word,call or eee at X-MAS or new year. youngest son will bee 23 this month. but gone to germany for 2yrs with air force.

my kids helped keep me here and hangin aroud , FOR YEARS.

do give credit to a few doctors an bout 19 yrs on an off anti depression meds getting thru some of the life roller coaster crashes. divorce 2 an loss of job an income..

please all ya hangin an help a friend in need if ya can..THANKS BEE STRONG AN IT CAN GET BETTER WITH HELP. HERES TO A SO SO GOOD OR BETTER YEAR.. TAKE CARE OUT THERE.DJ OUT IN THE WET WEST...    :pity: :pity: :2thumbs: :cheers: :Twocents: :2thumbs: :cheers:

Paul G

Drache, It is no fun being without a job I know. It hurts in lots of ways. Apply for unemployment right away. Dont hesitate. I was layed off many times in my earlier days, but always recalled. Is there a chance you will be recalled? Unemployment helps but does not make up for the lost wages. Do you enjoy the work you do? Is there something else you would like to do? Retraining for a different job. You have options.

My daughter was let go a few years back. She used the unemployment time to go back to school and become a physicians assistant. Lemons in to lemon aid my friend. Best of luck to you.   
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

The70RT

I was pretty depressed last year at this time because of the accident, doing a lot better and getting a few things done on the car now.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bobs69

I'm getting depressed because no one acknowledges my posts!

JB400

djcarguy

TODAY IS MOM THE WITCHES BDAY :RantExplode: MY SISTER THAT I HAVE TOLD FOR 20 YEARS IF DAD PASSES SHES ALL HERS. SIS IS NOW PUSHING ME TO CALLOR GO VISIT MOM..

DAD PASSED 7 YRS AGO,MY 2 XX LEFT 15 YRS AGO MY LAST JOB OF 10 YRS THREW ME AWAY START OF 2001,NEVER COULD GET HIRED AGAIN WITH ALL MY INJURES AN WORK LIMITS. 
OFF MEDS FOR MONTHS AN IN LOTS OF PAIN AND WINTERAN DEPRESSED.DRIVER IS BROKE,BAD BRAKES.ITS  LIKE MY 2 SONS WROTE ME OFFLAST FEW MONTHS. LIVE ALONE IF YA CALL IT LIVING,GO DAYS WITH NOT SEEING OR SPEAKING TO ANYONE EVEN ON PHONE ,SLEEPING DAYS AN UP ALL NITE.HAD NOT POSTED BOUT MONTH TRYIED YESTERDAY??  HAD GUNS OUT WEEK BEFORE X MAS BUT TRYING TO NOT MESS UP OR LEAVE MESS FOR KIDS TO DEAL WITH.TRYING TO STAY AN SEE NEW GRANSON END MARCH. TRIED TO GET IN TO NASCAR TO GET BY TILL SUMMER I DO BETTER.   BUT IN LOTS OF PAIN RIBS-BACK JUST SITTING HERE,TYPING. HURT RIBS OTHER DAY WORKING ON CAR BRAKES. WELL FROZEN BURRRRITOS WAITING ,THEY DONT GET BETTER WHEN COLD OR REHEATED......IVE BEEN SURVIVING AN DEALING WITH THESE IDEAS FOR 40 YRS,,,DID A PAPER IN HI-SCHOOL PROS AN CONS OF SELF EXIT,,AS THE CLASS CLOWN AN PREACHERS KID AN 70ES THINK TEACHER SAY FEW WORDS LIKE YOU JOKING OR WHAT AN I GUESS I JUST LAUGHT BACK THEN... HAVE TO GET THE PAIN OUT OF THIS CHAIR AND TAKE  A PAIN PILL ..  I WILL SURVIVE ONE MORE SUMMER AN SEE GRANSON  THEN SUMMER CAR STUFF AN SO ON...  LATER   TAKE CARE YA ALL..                                             
Quote from: djcarguy on November 17, 2012, 05:38:22 PM
  I  just wanted to say very sorry ,no way you should of seen or had to go thru that at young or any age . a girl friend of mine yrs ago got home talked to her dad and he walked into bedroom and shot himself. messed with her mind and would come back fresh as the day it happened. she got some help and is married with kids now.

i had the manic ,multi personality abusive mom and that was without  drugs or drinking,and the dad who just stayed busy and gone ,as much as possible. leaving me 3 older brothers an little sis to fend and feed ourselves. me an oldest bro worked for anyone to get away an have money for bikes and  later cars.

again sorry Cooter,the stuff people put kids thru is mind blowing sometimes. read lots of your post in 2 yrs ive been here. most of my cars are low dollar starters and built with what i can afford or trade for.take care,dj    p.s. my youngest will be 21 in january a son,son 23. my girl 31 with new granbaby are not biologicol ,but dad sence she was 2 yrs old,she treats me better than my bio sons. sons were 8 an 10 when wife devorced me an moved them out of my house.  well life can get messy .  my dad an oldest bro had lots of 56 ta 59 plys and a hemi desoto.

JB400