News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Have original block for lime light bird RM23U0A167086. (PAPER WORK NOW )

Started by moparstuart, August 29, 2012, 03:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

last I know owner ? was   Willie Witte and he was in Blaine, Minnesota last I knew.
I don't have any contact info on him.
The Block is the numbers matching for the Bird  sold to him RM23U0A167086.  Engine stamping is 0A167086.

Motor may need one cylinder sleeved but not sure , thats why motor was changed out years ago
      440 block, heads and crank from a green Superbird  one cylinder may need a sleeve.
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

rebby

According to this page from the MN DVS...

ETA: FWIW, my Charger comes up with the same... Hmm??? Then again, I haven't renewed the registration on mine for a few years (since it's undergoing restoration).
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

GOTWING

if no one claims it i'll take it for my 4dr. superbird clone project. :D

moparstuart

moparstuart

hotrod98

Wish I could find the block for my bird, 166158.  Probably around the Cerritos, CA area. My bird was purchased at a police auction in Cerritos missing it's engine in 1983. Even if I found it, I wouldn't install it.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: hotrod98 on September 05, 2012, 12:19:12 AM
Wish I could find the block for my bird, 166158.  Probably around the Cerritos, CA area. My bird was purchased at a police auction in Cerritos missing it's engine in 1983. Even if I found it, I wouldn't install it.
I lived in Cerritos from 71(birth) till 1986.   I remember a yellow bird with white interior at a police auction around that same time.  It had no motor in it.  Also the nose cone was missing.  Is this the same car?   I know many Superbird (wing car) guys in the area I can ask.   
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

moparstuart

Quote from: C5X DAYTONA on September 05, 2012, 03:14:37 AM
Quote from: hotrod98 on September 05, 2012, 12:19:12 AM
Wish I could find the block for my bird, 166158.  Probably around the Cerritos, CA area. My bird was purchased at a police auction in Cerritos missing it's engine in 1983. Even if I found it, I wouldn't install it.
I lived in Cerritos from 71(birth) till 1986.   I remember a yellow bird with white interior at a police auction around that same time.  It had no motor in it.  Also the nose cone was missing.  Is this the same car?   I know many Superbird (wing car) guys in the area I can ask.  
it was bought from Jim R.  by tom ferry , i assume Jim got it at the auction  

hotrod98

It was FY1 yellow with black interior and was complete less the engine and tranny. It was purchased at the police auction by a lady (I have the receipts showing her name). She sold it to Jim Radke and then he sold it to Tom. I think I'm the fifth owner, possibly sixth. I would love to find the original 440.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

C5X DAYTONA

The guy said he had to take the nose off to get the engine out.   It also had a underdash ac unit in it at the time I looked at it.  That was a few months before it was auctioned.     If there holes in the firewall then that has to be it.  If there no holes then it is defiantly not the same car.   Have you talked to Jim?
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

moparstuart

Superbird engine (RM23U0A167086) that I have? Well, I've also found the original broadcast sheet, vehicle buyer's order form, original bill of sale and the owner's manual that belongs to that car. Whoever buys the engine also gets all of this paperwork with it. If you want to, you can add this info to the posting you put out about the engine.

It's just the numbers matching block, heads and crank. And at least one of the cylinders needs to be sleeved

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:  Thompson Chrysler Plymouth Mobile Alabama   anyone heard of the place  ??

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

1970Moparmann

Wow, surprised this hasn't filtered out to the Superbird world.  No response yet I take it??
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

moparstuart

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on November 25, 2012, 01:51:50 PM
Wow, surprised this hasn't filtered out to the Superbird world.  No response yet I take it??
:popcrn: no nothing  , i would think this stuff would be the holy grail . I sure wish my cars had this much documentation

areibel

I like the "add trailer hitch" note!  Makes you wonder what you'd tow with a Bird?

Hemi Runner

Quote from: areibel on November 25, 2012, 04:42:34 PM
I like the "add trailer hitch" note!  Makes you wonder what you'd tow with a Bird?

Why........ another superbird of course!!  Check out 36 second mark...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra4RQmftraE

hemi68charger

Quote from: areibel on November 25, 2012, 04:42:34 PM

another Superbird... At the '86 Mopar Nats, there was a B5 4bbl 'bird towing a freshly restored 6bbl...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

learical1

The previous owner of RM23U0A161559 before me towed a boat with his.  He also blew up the original 440 and stuck in a 383, which is why I converted it to a hemi back in 1977.
Bruce