News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970Moparmann's Superbird - Continuous questions.....

Started by 1970Moparmann, November 27, 2012, 10:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on May 08, 2013, 06:43:55 PM
62 Max,

I think I'll keep mine as/is, like yours, and I'll piss off Troy... :rofl: :rofl:

Troy, don't you know by now, I like being different. :nana:

That you are........... Just when I thought there was hope............... But now, I'm starting to get the "hot-rod" bug.......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

billssuperbird

where can i get center caps like in that old picture for my 500 wheels. :drool5:

billssuperbird

billssuperbird

What do you think of the look with the center caps on a superbird. On the 500 wheels. Yes or on.  :shruggy:

moparstuart

Quote from: billssuperbird on May 09, 2013, 07:46:51 AM
What do you think of the look with the center caps on a superbird. On the 500 wheels. Yes or on.  :shruggy:
my buddy jim cordell ran them on his white daytona  with the chrome magnum wheels and i loved the look   :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

moparstuart

billssuperbird

WINGIN IT

Different, I'm diggin them :2thumbs:

Maybe down the line I'll get some, :scratchchin: :yesnod:
But first objective is to get the car done !

moparstuart

Quote from: WINGIN IT on May 09, 2013, 11:38:42 AM
Different, I'm diggin them :2thumbs:

Maybe down the line I'll get some, :scratchchin: :yesnod:
But first objective is to get the car done !
get out the whip

62 Max

Quote from: billssuperbird on May 09, 2013, 09:38:20 AM
:2thumbs: thanks I think I will put them on

Bill,took mine off ten years ago and sold them,put the original rallies on,wish I would have never changed them  :image_294343:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Aero426 on May 08, 2013, 11:28:06 AM
This is a PCG/Dave Patik front spoiler of fairly recent manufacture.  I have had several of these through the years, and do not recall seeing a Patik spoiler that had the wrong angle.   

Doug, I've found that while the Patick spoilers are the correct thickness, and basic shape is correct, along with the correct alloy, that the mounting angle varies on them quite considerably, I've had a few customers send them to me to see it they could be corrected, it's not a simple rebending of the mounting tab, as it effects the "V" formation and how it fits the nose, and has a proper gap,.....the Bird and Tona front spoiler is the same unit

Mike

I'll try to post some pics, as this site is horrible for pic posting

DAY CLONA

here's a so called pic of a "factory/original", an unmodified, unrestored car from back in the day

DAY CLONA

Here's another view of the front spoiler, on an "original" back in the day unmolested Daytona

DAY CLONA

NOW, here's a nice clean shot of Tim Wellborns car that Roger Gibson restored using a Jack McGaughey nose, and a Dave Patik front spoiler,...I know for a fact the parts used, as I had conversations with both Jack and Roger over the phone regarding the sources and uses of parts....Roger was "difficult" to make understand some issues with various parts supplied from various vendors....note the angle

DAY CLONA

another view, the extreme angle of the front spoiler makes it appear short in height, although it is the full shape of the factory spoiler

DAY CLONA

I'll run a few more cars with know PCG spoilers

DAY CLONA

DAY CLONA

Let's see what a factory Bird should look like....known factory promo photo

DAY CLONA

Here's my spoiler on Brian's car (1HotDaytona)

DAY CLONA

.....Here's "Stingray's" car,....very original

DAY CLONA

Here's a "good" side shot depicting what the proper profile/angle should be of a Tona or Bird mounted spoiler,...note the front face/edge of the spoiler, not the shadowed backside

62 Max

This one is original to the car.

DAY CLONA

IIRC...Larry (Hotrod98} is running one of my spoilers also....