News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970Moparmann's Superbird - Continuous questions.....

Started by 1970Moparmann, November 27, 2012, 10:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

You're living life!   :2thumbs:

Besides the fact I was somewhat biased in my love for the '70, my 1st car was a '68 Coronet R/T.

I almost bought a '68 'vert a few years back.  It was weird, I had been talking to the guy about a trade on my '70 A66 Challenger & he up and emailed me one day saying he had a truck in the area & could pick up the Chally.  What??
For whatever reason he ended our discussions after that.  My plan was to trailer my car down there so I could look at it & if I didn't like it go to the MATS.  Oh well.

This is what it looked like & ds photoshopped what it was supposed to look like.  I was bummed.
Or did I tell you all this already??   :-\

Beep Beep Dave

Congrats on the purchase...pretty cool 440+6 4-speed Superbird. Sure looks like you have a nice driver on your hands and one day a beautiful FY1 Lemon Twist Bird!

Sure sound like Rex is a ggod guy as well. Seems like everyone is poised to have  a great X-mas :2thumbs:

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

rnjump

Sure glad you own the car Mike. It's satisfying seeing it go where it will be cared for and we will all get to watch the progress. Too many people see these cars we admire as a commodity to buy and sell. I hope it holds no surprises. I found an NOS turn signal switch also I will be sending with the other stuff I shorted you in my haste to deliver. The switch has the related wiring with it. Might be a piece you don't need to order. Also forgot to send the lower fuel lines and filter. Dang maybe you should come back and clean this shop to see whats else is yours. 

1970Moparmann

Quote from: rnjump on December 01, 2012, 01:29:50 AM
  Sure glad you own the car Mike. It's satisfying seeing it go where it will be cared for and we will all get to watch the progress. Too many people see these cars we admire as a commodity to buy and sell. I hope it holds no surprises. I found an NOS turn signal switch also I will be sending with the other stuff I shorted you in my haste to deliver. The switch has the related wiring with it. Might be a piece you don't need to order. Also forgot to send the lower fuel lines and filter. Dang maybe you should come back and clean this shop to see whats else is yours. 

Rex, that is actually a good idea!  If you don't mind holding on to the stuff for up to 6 weeks I'll be back in the area with work and will make the extra trip....  Would love to see the car! :cheers:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

hotrod98

My Superbird has gotten way more attention than any of my other mopars ever did. While I get a kick out of all of the attention my bird gets on the highway, it actually gets downright dangerous sometimes. The part I hate the most is when they get right beside you and pace you right when you need to get over to get around a slow moving vehicle. It never fails. I have to slow way down and the gawker accelerates and keeps on going. People are downright inconsiderate sometimes.
Oh, and they want to have a full on conversation with you about your car while doing 80 mph.  ;D
Enjoy...

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

1970Moparmann

Thanks Dave!  Can't wait to put some miles on her....

1970Moparmann

1970Moparmann

Anyone have the part number for the exhaust manifolds for a Bird?

I heard that I need to look for a September/October date.  I found the attached on Ebag, but one of them has a early November date.  :shruggy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NR-1969-1970-1971-Mopar-B-body-Mopar-exhaust-manifolds-383-440-MAGNUM-HP-NICE-/281030913945?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item416ebf6f99&vxp=mtr

Finn

Wow, I can't believe Ive missed this! Very nice!!! :cheers:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Charger-Bodie

Congrats man! Looks like a great car!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hemi68charger

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on December 01, 2012, 02:52:21 PM
Let the work begin.

I would either search initially for good used engine and headlamp harness, then when you restore the car, get the new ones. I found good front headlamp harnesses for the C500 when first got it... You can reassemble the headlamp harnesses vacuum lines over the new used one. If not, then just dive in and get new ones from evans or YearOn'es M&H..........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

1970Moparmann

Troy, this is my game plan right now.   :2thumbs:

Apparently, the main owner of the car had a different preception of "new wiring", because some of paperwork that the car came with it said, replaced in 2003 - what did I miss? :eek2:

1970Moparmann

This is a worthless post, but I figure I would get it off my chest. :2thumbs:

Today was the day it FINALLY hit me - I HAVE A FREAK'IN WING CAR.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

The car has been in the garage for a week and TODAY was the day it finally hit me. 

I am OFFICIALLY MOPAR SATISFIED!  No more buying, or selling. :D :D

rebby

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on December 04, 2012, 08:17:04 PM

Today was the day it FINALLY hit me - I HAVE A FREAK'IN WING CAR.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

The car has been in the garage for a week and TODAY was the day it finally hit me. 

:cheers: :2thumbs: :cheers:

That won't last.  ::)
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

71ChallengeHer

Sorry to see your 70 Plum Crazy Charger go ( I loved that car ) .  But congrats on the Superbird.  :cheers:

1970Moparmann

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on December 04, 2012, 08:30:49 PM
Sorry to see your 70 Plum Crazy Charger go ( I loved that car ) .  But congrats on the Superbird.  :cheers:

Thanks Jackie!

Hope your feeling better!

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on December 04, 2012, 08:34:09 PM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on December 04, 2012, 08:30:49 PM

Thanks Jackie!

Hope your feeling better!
I'm hanging in there. Thanks for asking.  :cheers:  My buddy got my Challenger out today ( t-shirt weather here ). He took it for a run. Gave me a call so I could hear it run. Damn, I miss driving it.  :pity:

1970Moparmann

Quote from: rebby on December 04, 2012, 08:29:16 PM

I am OFFICIALLY MOPAR SATISFIED!  No more buying, or selling. :D :D

That won't last.  ::)

My wife WILL sell my nuts if I do anything else in the next few years.   I can't blame her.   She has been very good with my Mopar addiction.  :2thumbs:

Nwcharger

Quote from: rebby on December 04, 2012, 08:29:16 PM

:cheers: :2thumbs: :cheers:

That won't last.  ::)

i agree. i thought after i bought my daytona carcass i wouldn't need to buy anymore. then a couple months later i bought my 70 satellite for a bird clone and told myself i dont need another. now im trying to work a deal for a 69 coronet to do an a12 clone. my wife says i have a problem  :RantExplode: but i cant seem to find anything wrong  :scratchchin:
1969 coronet wagon

Nwcharger

by the way, congrats on the bird purchace.. it looks great :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
1969 coronet wagon

1RareBird

So is the car still a Michigan resident or did it leave the state?
When I die I want to go like my Grandfather did, quietly in his sleep.  Not screaming like the passengers in his car.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: 1RareBird on December 05, 2012, 01:08:14 PM
So is the car still a Michigan resident or did it leave the state?

I live in IL.  :2thumbs:  It will be staying with me until my grave.  :cheers:

rnjump

Mike, I've been outa town. I want to get some pics to you. Maybe tomorrow

TUFCAT

Congrats on the Superbird!  I heard through the grapevine the new owner of your 70 Charger is a member.  He got such a great car!  I'm sure he's as happy as you are and he'll post up soon. 

1970Moparmann

Guys,

Is this website accurate - does anyone know?

http://brcook.com/id17.html

It is saying my car is #999.  Too bad the paint code isn't that! :yesnod: