News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970Moparmann's Superbird - Continuous questions.....

Started by 1970Moparmann, November 27, 2012, 10:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on May 16, 2013, 02:35:30 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on May 16, 2013, 02:29:04 PM
someday i'm going to get around to converting my dash too a three speaker dash
I have all the stuff to do it just havent gotten to it yet    :icon_smile_big:

and the Am/ 8 track would be a thumb wheel design still in 70 instead of the new style for 70  round knobs on the standard am or am /fm radios

here is my thread on it  with pictures of all the stuff it takes

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,60797.0.html

As always, thanks.

figures i should make good , after helping the derail   :rofl:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: moparstuart on May 16, 2013, 12:49:16 PMGuess you could order an AM 8-track, never seen a console mounted cassette on a bird, not sure if that option was available yet.
he would know right off if it was an am/8 track car as it would be a three speaker dash with two raised speaker grills on top of it
[/quote]

Mike -

My Daytona has an 8-track along with the 3 speaker dash, AND a single rear speaker - how's that for Hi-Fi !

You can check it out at MoPower Madness this Sunday  in Wheaton, IL (shameless plug - http://www.chicagolandmopar.com/forum/content.php?131-2013-Chicagoland-Mopar-Club-Events)

:yesnod: ;D ;) :o
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

1970Moparmann

Quote from: moparstuart on May 16, 2013, 02:50:21 PM
figures i should make good , after helping the derail   :rofl:

No shit Stuart!  WTF.... :nana:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

moparstuart

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on May 16, 2013, 03:06:07 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on May 16, 2013, 02:50:21 PM
figures i should make good , after helping the derail   :rofl:

No shit Stuart!  WTF.... :nana:
:nana: :nana: :nana:

let see what random picture can i post now to get this train off the tracks again

who likes rat rod and pin up girls 

billssuperbird

got my 500 center caps put them on and they look good. i will put pictures on soon. :popcrn:

1970Moparmann

Guys, does anyone make a semi correct trunk mat for a Bird?

70moparman

1970Moparmann

Cross my fingers that I'm going to get the car on the road this weekend!  Can't wait!  Need to finish up the front end and change the fuel tank and gas line.  :nana:

Aero426

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on May 18, 2013, 11:43:26 PM

This is a much needed part.   All the current reproductions I have seen are not very nice.     

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Aero426 on May 21, 2013, 12:34:11 PM
Quote from: 1970Moparmann on May 18, 2013, 11:43:26 PM

This is a much needed part.   All the current reproductions I have seen are not very nice.     

Thanks for responding! :2thumbs:

Aero426

The closest to a NOS mat is one made by Motor City Originals in the 80's.     The others on the market now are real shiny and just look "bad".   But they are the best available, even though they suck.    

Dave Walden/ECS has spoken about trunk mats being on their radar screen as a future product.    I have not heard a timeline for when or if that will happen.      

Aero426

Here is the pattern you want for a Superbird. 

Aero426

The factory and NOS service part mats have this pattern molded into the back side.  

1970Moparmann

1970Moparmann

Well, made some progress the lasts few days - not as much as I liked though.

Changed out the waterpump
Changed out the radiator (painted)
Added a fan shroud
painted fan
Painted water pump housing
Detailed power steering pump and pulley
Cleaned the alternator (can't believe how much dirt and grime was in/on it!)
Passenger mirror installed (near perfect original on Ebay!)
New hoses
New thermostat
New pulleys
New belts

1970Moparmann

I went to put the passenger mirror on, and can't believe what I found.  - duct tape bolt contraption to hold one of the two braces for the armrest.  Found this on the drivers side also....

Anyone have any spare clips?

1970Moparmann

Questions-

Question 1 - did all Birds come with a remote drivers side mirror?

Question 2 - Would the standard 70 B Body Rally Gauge dash wiring harness be used for a Bird, or would it make sense to get a 68 for the headlights?  I knew the wiring in the engine compartment was jacked, but it's also under the dash.  I'm getting an Evans hardness for the engine, but they don't make the dash one.

As always, thanks guys!

62 Max

Standard mirror,remote optional.

1970Moparmann

Thanks.  Do you have a standard on yours?  If so, can you post a picture of your upper interior door?

hemi68charger

Mike, texted you... If you still need 1 or 2 of those clips for the armrest base, I believe I can help you with that......

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

wingcarenvy

I heard people have some problems with Evan's harnesses. I bought a harness from Year One (M&H fabricators made) harness and it is really nice, excellent quality.

62 Max

Quote from: wingcarenvy on May 26, 2013, 12:48:02 AM
I heard people have some problems with Evan's harnesses. I bought a harness from Year One (M&H fabricators made) harness and it is really nice, excellent quality.

And I've heard the same thing about Year One so I guess it's a toss up. :scratchchin:

62 Max

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on May 25, 2013, 09:39:37 PM
Thanks.  Do you have a standard on yours?  If so, can you post a picture of your upper interior door?

Standard  mirror.

moparstuart

Quote from: 62 Max on May 26, 2013, 07:56:30 AM

And I've heard the same thing about Year One so I guess it's a toss up. :scratchchin:

the 70  ,  70 only dash harness from year one ( M& H ) is aweful , sucks sucks suck , but the 69 harness from year one was fantastic perfect

DAY CLONA

Quote from: moparstuart on May 26, 2013, 08:41:31 AM
Quote from: 62 Max on May 26, 2013, 07:56:30 AM

the 70  ,  70 only dash harness from year one ( M& H ) is aweful , sucks sucks suck , but the 69 harness from year one was fantastic perfect

Hmmm....Interesting?, what was the issue with your "installation" of the 70 MH dash harness?, ....when I restored my 70 Charger, I purchased EVERY harness available from YO(M&H) front to back, top to bottom, including the dash harness (I spent over $1500 in harnesses, I didn't use one piece of original wiring, tossed it all)....on pretest, and actually first run of the car, I didn't have a single issue, 8 yrs later, nothing ever reared it's head electrically, and EVERYTHING works, even the annoying key buzzer

mike