News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ford GT CRASH pix

Started by 472 R/T SE, February 10, 2006, 02:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

All the same, those Ford GT's are beautiful enthusiast vehicles and it's a shame to see it get wrecked like that.  I'm glad the guy wasn't killed too.

The Ghoul

:brickwall: its a mid rear car with weight bias to the rear THE BACK END WILL SNAP IF YOU LEAN INTO IT AT THE WRONG TIME!! i can just hear the justification in there minds."well i owned that ________ it was a front rear and powerfull this should be no biggy"
maby they should give them all fiero's free with them and have the owners practice on those first!

that sux tho. I think that the shortest time i ever owned a car before something devistating happend to it was a week. I saved all summer to buy this firbird that my friend thru a hot 350 into .. the thing ran great. the night of the 6th day the radiator fan (electric) gave out and it got hot fast!! well i nursed it home changed the fan the next day and continued to beat it like a read headed step child. well i guess the overheating oppend up a very small crack in one of the cylinder walls. well it cracked thru to the water jacket and locked the engine.
one weekend of rebuilding later it was back on the road. I loved that car for that fact. what ever broke on the thing it was no more than 3 days of working on it and it was back on the road. 

The Ghoul

he is so boned. i just was reading the other story (read gt above). it states that the list price is 166k but demand has forced the price up .. well if he paied 200k for it that means there is 34k mark up that insurince will just laugh at him for and give him the finger. much less the depretiation as soon as he drives it off the lot. sence these cars have not yet been on the market long enough to get many used ones changing hands they realy dont have a way to guage the resail value so at the very best, if he is extreamly luckey, they will give him the list price back for a pay off... but he will still be on the hook for the 34k.
man that sux to be him... and i felt ill when my , still, best friend wrecked the one car i absolutly loved but I got luck because it was a rare car that the insurance company gave me 15k for it when I only payed 11k.. I couldent even imagine if I would have walked outta that situation owing money!!

Mike DC

---------------------------------------------

It's hard to have sympathy for a guy who could afford a GT in the first place, then proceeds to have a 1-car accident into a pole in broad daylight on a dry sunny day. (NINE MILES?  I mean, it probably took most of that to drive it home from the dealership the first day.) 

If he wants another GT, let him pay up.  That's a stupidity tax.

But Ford will probably elect to repair that one for him either way so it's not much to worry about.  Sure it looks bad, but two hundred grand buys a lot of bondo & fiberglass.  (Seriously, there are people around here who wouldn't even give up on a $20K Charger over a hit like that.)

my73charger

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on February 11, 2006, 03:31:04 AM

It's hard to have sympathy for a guy who could afford a GT in the first place, then proceeds to have a 1-car accident into a pole in broad daylight on a dry sunny day. (NINE MILES?  I mean, it probably took most of that to drive it home from the dealership the first day.) 

But Ford will probably elect to repair that one for him either way so it's not much to worry about.  Sure it looks bad, but two hundred grand buys a lot of bondo & fiberglass.  (Seriously, there are people around here who wouldn't even give up on a $20K Charger over a hit like that.)

:iagree:

694spdRT

Why would Ford have any say in repairing it? It would likely be the insurance company of the owner deciding it's fate unless, it was actually wrecked on a test drive and a dealership still owned the car. Even then would they want to sell a wrecked GT vs collecting the insurance money?
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Lowprofile

I know a guy who has a POS Bradley GT. Maybe they can get together and build 1 good car.   :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Charger_Fan

Damn, that thing looks like it's made from spray painted cardboard! :puke:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

'CUDA360

Quote from: cudaeh on February 10, 2006, 11:45:24 PM
:brickwall: its a mid rear car with weight bias to the rear THE BACK END WILL SNAP IF YOU LEAN INTO IT AT THE WRONG TIME!! i can just hear the justification in there minds."well i owned that ________ it was a front rear and powerfull this should be no biggy"
maby they should give them all fiero's free with them and have the owners practice on those first!

that sux tho. I think that the shortest time i ever owned a car before something devistating happend to it was a week. I saved all summer to buy this firbird that my friend thru a hot 350 into .. the thing ran great. the night of the 6th day the radiator fan (electric) gave out and it got hot fast!! well i nursed it home changed the fan the next day and continued to beat it like a read headed step child. well i guess the overheating oppend up a very small crack in one of the cylinder walls. well it cracked thru to the water jacket and locked the engine.
one weekend of rebuilding later it was back on the road. I loved that car for that fact. what ever broke on the thing it was no more than 3 days of working on it and it was back on the road. 

Sounds like a Pontiac story to me... I have one or two of those stories too!!
As far a GTs go, I think those of us who have owned High Performance cars over the years understand and respect them. Anyone who goes down to the track and can run into the thirteens or lower knows what I am talking about.  One false move and you can be into the wall or worse.
So buying an eleven second car and racing around the street with no experience is not a good idea and people who do should be taken out and maimed..

That being said my other theory is  SOME PEOPLE JUST CAN'T DRIVE :yesnod:

The Ghoul

Quote from: 360cuda on February 13, 2006, 12:03:32 AM
Quote from: cudaeh on February 10, 2006, 11:45:24 PM

Sounds like a Pontiac story to me... I have one or two of those stories too!!
As far a GTs go, I think those of us who have owned High Performance cars over the years understand and respect them. Anyone who goes down to the track and can run into the thirteens or lower knows what I am talking about.  One false move and you can be into the wall or worse.
So buying an eleven second car and racing around the street with no experience is not a good idea and people who do should be taken out and maimed..

That being said my other theory is  SOME PEOPLE JUST CAN'T DRIVE :yesnod:
i dont think i have ever agreed so much .. good job. gold star
here is the true pontiac story. 12:5 car... the only car i ever wish I still had.
worst part is i cant blame my self, my friend was driving my drunk butt home from the auto show, he did every thing right. guess that car wasent ment to be ... that or a lession in pride... eather one.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

'CUDA360

Bummer..
All my Pontiacs were GTOs and Firebirds from the sixties and seventies but I had this friend with a '73 'CUDA and I just had to give up the GM thing.

He kept kicking my butt with a small block and a hundred and fifteen less cubic inches then I had  :flame:
I don't want to even get into all the breakage I had

Brock Samson

here's the latest update on the disgruntled ford owner...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2006/02/09/national/a130118S50.DTL

A man hanged himself in an airplane lavatory days after being arrested for allegedly driving his new car through a dealership's showroom and setting a nearly $1 million fire, authorities said Thursday.

A United Airlines flight from Washington, D.C., to Los Angeles was diverted to Denver after Gerald Georgettis' body was found. The Denver medical examiner ruled the death a suicide.

Denver police Detective Virginia Lopez said no other passengers were ever in danger.

In Miami, Georgettis, 56, was accused of driving his new Ford Escape through the Metro Ford dealership's showroom on Saturday before pouring gasoline on it and lighting it. Miami-Dade County police have said he was upset about how much he paid for his car.

Fire officials said the blaze burned about a dozen cars, including a $150,000 limited-edition 2006 Ford GT.

Georgettis was charged with arson and felony criminal mischief and released Sunday on $1,500 bond.

I think the moral here is don't drive fords...

The Ghoul

Quote from: Stratocharger on February 13, 2006, 01:24:13 AM
here's the latest update on the disgruntled ford owner...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2006/02/09/national/a130118S50.DTL

A man hanged himself in an airplane lavatory days after being arrested for allegedly driving his new car through a dealership's showroom and setting a nearly $1 million fire, authorities said Thursday.

A United Airlines flight from Washington, D.C., to Los Angeles was diverted to Denver after Gerald Georgettis' body was found. The Denver medical examiner ruled the death a suicide.

Denver police Detective Virginia Lopez said no other passengers were ever in danger.

In Miami, Georgettis, 56, was accused of driving his new Ford Escape through the Metro Ford dealership's showroom on Saturday before pouring gasoline on it and lighting it. Miami-Dade County police have said he was upset about how much he paid for his car.

Fire officials said the blaze burned about a dozen cars, including a $150,000 limited-edition 2006 Ford GT.

Georgettis was charged with arson and felony criminal mischief and released Sunday on $1,500 bond.

I think the moral here is don't drive fords...

wow , now i feel a little bit bad for laughing so hard when I initialy read this story...
just a little bit.
ok its gone now.
how did he accomplish hanging himself in an airplain bathroom? I mean, I'm only 5' 7" and I hit my head on the ceeling in there... not really but its a low ceeling with nothing up there to tie any thing to... did he use that stupid garment hanger in there?
its luckey that he didnt take any one with him!

hemihead

Too many High Performance cars with Low Performance Drivers.I see lots of them at car shows and cruises.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

The Ghoul

Quote from: hemihead on February 13, 2006, 02:49:43 PM
Too many High Performance cars with Low Performance Drivers.I see lots of them at car shows and cruises.
thats why I was so bumbed about my car.... dont get me wrong i knew that car was above my skill level but i mostly kept it in check.
my friend did every thing right. the whole deal was some one came down an on ramp and merged directly into our lane (musent have checked the blind spot) insted of riding the murging lane like most would.
my friend hit the brakes and skipped over to the next lane to the left, this unloaded the back suspension and started the back end around... no prob, delt with it a million times before he got of the brake and counter steered... just as the back end started to come back into line the traction controle (wich for some reasion we forgot to turn off because we hated it  :icon_smile_evil: ) kicked on and slowed the rear tires very quickley wich snaped the car the other way and across the freeway into the divider we went. we were facing it head on luckley he had the good sence to kick the thing in the butt and swing the back around to keep us from ramming it head on.. the back passingers 1/4 hit first then the passingers nose then my head into the passangers window which pushed it off the tracks and thru the side of the door. ....

long involved explanation for 'shit happens', i wouldent have been able to do any better: and I highly doubt any one sort of the cars designer or a professional driver would have.

Chryco Psycho

looks like the pole didn`t get hurt at all!!

Blusmbl

A replacement frame is only $15k from service!   :icon_smile_cool:   I'd reckon the Kansas one might be repaired, but that red/white one is definitely totalled.  My work's repaired almost a dozen of them already, most of them m-plates.
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

The Ghoul

im thinking at that point just finding an old panterra, or lancia stratius kit car and stuffing the engine, trans, intirror and as much of the suspension as possible into it. All the bits to hook that up would cost way less than $15k not to mention all the coin youd make off of all the bits you cant use on the new car. Thats if the insurance company wants to wreck it. at wich point your value is shot because no matter what you do you have a salvaged title. so, might as well have a car with a good story attached to it.  :devil:

Chryco Psycho

it still amazes me that a person who buys a 200,000 car won`t or doesnt or isn`t forced to take a driving school course  :eyes:

69_Hemi_Charger

Quote from: my73charger on February 12, 2006, 12:00:10 AM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on February 11, 2006, 03:31:04 AM

:iagree:

HLPAG could fix this puppy up for dirt cheap.....

They are just that good  :yesnod:
He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life - Muhammad Ali

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on February 16, 2006, 12:59:59 AM
it still amazes me that a person who buys a 200,000 car won`t or doesnt or isn`t forced to take a driving school course  :eyes:

You just answered your question. :P

694spdRT

I just heard on the news today the repair estimate on the black GT was $60,000.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Brock Samson

I wonder what a headlight costs?..

Highbanked Hauler

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

John_Kunkel

Sounds like it's time to bring back the old bumper sticker "Don't ban high performance cars, ban low performance drivers."
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.