News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard carz Daytona ***NEW PICTURES ADDED*** 4 UNCLE FESTER

Started by moparstuart, December 07, 2012, 12:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4daytona

Troy, yes we are going to mask off the fenders for the undercoating.  It is going to look right.  DJ is correct, I am on a budget so I'm not going for perfection.  Stu is close when he says "driver" but I can tell you that it will be more than that for sure.  I am going to do more to the motor ie: alum heads that have been worked over, cam, balanced, carb.  I was going to get an alum, intake but it just isn't quite close enough for a factory look so I'm probably going with the original that shows a correct time frame casting date on the manifold.  The coil though will be just back.  I'm getting a Pertronics 40,ooo volt unit and going to take the decal off but Mark doesn't have the correct stamps to make it look original.  Oh well I say!  I'm fine with that.

It was a single stage paint like original versus a basecoat/clearcoat.  It looks great!

Mopar Nut

Quote from: r4daytona on July 02, 2013, 09:45:23 PM

It was a single stage paint like original versus a basecoat/clearcoat.  It looks great!
It looks awesome!  :2thumbs:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

djcarguy

been a WEEK  WHATS  DUH NEW''S???   ???   ??? :popcrn:  :drool5::popcrn:  :drool5::popcrn:  :drool5: :popcrn:   :2thumbs: :cheers:

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: just got its stripe  , tom is up there working on it this month . 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Budnicks

she looks good with the tails stripe...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

djcarguy

Saw Tom an his daytona friday at welbys shop. car is looking great with the stripe . tom said he saw a hemi lime green superbird at fins drive-in ,but it was gone when i got there. should bee at show saturday in springfield.

saw the 4 show guys and lots of great mopars at the shop.will leave more details to Tom or stu to post pixs.Tom has hopes of big progress next week,sure hope all goes well. TOM is planning to bee at woodburn sunday with few of the graveyard guys.  hope to see some of ya up there.latter dj :popcrn: :popcrn: :cheers: :2thumbs:

-------MEET TOM AT WOODBURN ON THE 21ST---SUNDAY ----HE SHOULD GET A LONG DISTANCE AWARD,HA HA.. :cheers: :2thumbs:

r4daytona

Hi guys,  been a very bust few weeks.  Lots of fun and LOTS of work but it's been great being able to work not only on my car, but help out with other stuff.  My suspension pieces are all done and we're ready to put the front and rear suspensions together.  I didn't bother posting pictures of my suspension parts because that would seem a bit boring just looking at some pieces and parts.  So I figure I'll have put in about 350 hours here, what should I charge!  LOL  just kidding, Marks helped me out so the least I can do is spend some hours here helping. Now some of the haters will say I'm crazy but it has been alot of fun and I do intend on coming back to give and extra hand when he needs it or when I can come up.   Josh and I took Mike's Superbird's front and rear suspension apart.  Don't worry Mike, all the parts when into one container so nothing got lost and I took a bunch of pictures of all the markings so Mark and put those back on.  Spent a little time the last few days helping take an all original 3rd generation charger.  Every screw is being taped to the hole it came out of (EX: trim pieces) so it all stays together.  Like I said, been alot of fun and I plan on coming back to help.  Anyway, off to a show.  Tom

moparstuart

Quote from: r4daytona on July 21, 2013, 10:16:45 AM
Hi guys,  been a very bust few weeks.  Lots of fun and LOTS of work but it's been great being able to work not only on my car, but help out with other stuff.  My suspension pieces are all done and we're ready to put the front and rear suspensions together.  I didn't bother posting pictures of my suspension parts because that would seem a bit boring just looking at some pieces and parts.  So I figure I'll have put in about 350 hours here, what should I charge!  LOL  just kidding, Marks helped me out so the least I can do is spend some hours here helping. Now some of the haters will say I'm crazy but it has been alot of fun and I do intend on coming back to give and extra hand when he needs it or when I can come up.   Josh and I took Mike's Superbird's front and rear suspension apart.  Don't worry Mike, all the parts when into one container so nothing got lost and I took a bunch of pictures of all the markings so Mark and put those back on.  Spent a little time the last few days helping take an all original 3rd generation charger.  Every screw is being taped to the hole it came out of (EX: trim pieces) so it all stays together.  Like I said, been alot of fun and I plan on coming back to help.  Anyway, off to a show.  Tom
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:   Thanks for the present , and checks in the mail    :icon_smile_big:

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

C_stripes

Tom,

Was nice meeting you today. Can't wait to see your Daytona all done.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Grm2159

Tom
Sounds like you are having a blast. What do you think of my plum challenger? Hey. I finally got the 440 engine from that guy in California. I was asking mark about it one day on the phone and you were with him. I think you know the background. Well, it seems good so far. Will be firing it up next week. Ok. Have a great time out there. I need to make the trip eventually.
Garth

r4daytona

Jeremy, it was great meeting you today as well and I want to thank Dave for introducing me to people. Thanks Dave.  Garth, your Plum Challenger looks great.  I know that sunroof was a challenge but it seems like they got it right!  I am partial to plum crazy since my first  mopar was a 71 satellite, tunnel ram with 2 615's etc. and it had two pearl stripes running down the side of the car.  Now of course I'm partial to red!  lol  Still can't remember the names of most of the people I met today, so no offense if I forgot names.

djcarguy

Just got home from woodburn show an drags.left the track at 5 ish was there 8hours,an am fried red like Toms daytona,ha ha..

tom u met jeremy---c stripes       john ---nwcharger an me      david --djcarguy oh you know me?an who am i forgetting ..    so many people and cars  an sun my brain in toast... oh introed john an jeremy to an me again too mike---472 rt se ,still thinking  more members were there??

the 4 graveyard cars guys were there with the wrecked general   lee  on the black dodge rollback an a few of thier gals..  

Was a hemi superbird there but never saw dane an his daytona show up..  lots of hemis an awsum cars  an drag racing.

went by the shop an saw tom made it back in the graveyard van then home to sit in the sprinkler,,lol....DJ :P :P ;D :cheers: :2thumbs:  great weekend 3 days of cars,show an drags :drool5: :drool5:

C_stripes

DJ, it was good to finely meet you too. We still need to plan a trip up to wildcat. It was a really fun day.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Grm2159

Tom
My challenger was the plum 440 6 pack that is still a wreck. You would have seen it in the corner with daren taking parts off it.

moparstuart

Quote from: Grm2159 on July 22, 2013, 04:01:22 PM
Tom
My challenger was the plum 440 6 pack that is still a wreck. You would have seen it in the corner with daren taking parts off it.
Daren taking parts off it to put on his   :rofl:

r4daytona

Quote from: Grm2159 on July 22, 2013, 04:01:22 PM
Tom
Actually, I haven't seen them taking parts off it, at least not in the time I've been here.  That will be a killer car once it's done.

Daytona Guy

AAAHHHH - I missed everyone. On my way home for the Mopar show in Salem my 3rd gear would drift in and out in my trany. Not anything related to the power or the HEMI. It was one for those springs internally had too much tension causing some internal problems with line pressure - that was just best taken care of before HAN by taking it out and fixing it. I'm really sad I missed everyone.

Dane

Grm2159

Thanks. I'm looking forward to it. I thought I might head out there at some point.

djcarguy

on my way to welbys with a set of mags an 10.5 slicks to see if i can convert Tom into a 2nd day hot rod Daytona convert. big slots and slicks for a few pixs on his red tona.   hope they get some digital shots an post them .

back latter but my pixs will bee long time processing ,sorry..dj :popcrn: :drool5: :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:

Budnicks

Quote from: djcarguy on July 24, 2013, 05:10:46 PM
  on my way to welbys with a set of mags an 10.5 slicks to see if i can convert Tom in a 2nd day hot rod Daytona convert. big slots and slicks for a few pixs on his red tona.   hope they get some digital shots an post them .

back latter but my pixs will bee long time processing ,sorry..dj :popcrn: :drool5: :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:
Sounds cool as hell !!  :2thumbs: , I hope the resident GYC poster {you'll now who I mean, I'm pretty sure} guy here posts them up...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

djcarguy

Well back from graveyard shop an tom took some digital pix . i told him i already posted bout slots an slicks ,so hopfully he will get few pixs posted..  toms here for 1 more week he says. welll till later  dj :popcrn: :popcrn: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

r4daytona

Well, here are those pics and I do have to say it does take you back in time.  I also have to say that I always thought the back tires need to be bigger for those huge wheelwells and this just proves it.  Thanks dave for the idea.

Mopar Nut

Mopar Nut

What size tire/brand and wheels are on the rear now?