News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard carz Daytona ***NEW PICTURES ADDED*** 4 UNCLE FESTER

Started by moparstuart, December 07, 2012, 12:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Daytona R/T SE

The stripe is installed incorrectly.

The "Daytona" letters should be centered top to bottom over the body line.

The "Daytona" letters are too low.

The stripe is not centered under the wing upright.

Too much stripe showing behind the wing upright, and it

appears that the front of the wing upright extends past the front of the stripe.

Budnicks

:smilielol: Looks perty either way...  :2thumbs:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

r4daytona

I think it looks good also.  It's to bad there's so many guys here that all have concourse 1,000,000 point cars.  Compared to what it was to start, I think it turned out awesome and far exceeded what I was paying for.  I never wanted or will ever want a show piece that I can't drive, thats just not for me.  It's to bad that people want to knock something as soon as they see it.  The shine on this is to bright, the shine on that is too dull, the finish on this piece was wrong.  Well the rear end was powder coated, Mark and I talked about painting it, but I decided, with his advice, since it wasn't going to be a concourse car to powder coat it.  It's more durable, and after I wipe it down a few times, it will dull down.  You don't like it - tough shit! The exhaust hangar is being taken care of... something already planned BEFORE people chimed in.  As far as the stripe that I helped install, perhaps I pulled a little to hard to get it to adhere and it got a little low, but I'm sure ALL Daytonas were identical.  As far as the tilt and centering - you're WRONG. I went off the photos I have of the car.

If people want my car to be perfect, feel free to send me some money and I'll make it just as you want. Otherwise, kiss my as.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: r4daytona on October 20, 2013, 06:28:35 PM
I think it looks good also.  It's to bad there's so many guys here that all have concourse 1,000,000 point cars.  Compared to what it was to start, I think it turned out awesome and far exceeded what I was paying for.  I never wanted or will ever want a show piece that I can't drive, thats just not for me.  It's to bad that people want to knock something as soon as they see it.  The shine on this is to bright, the shine on that is too dull, the finish on this piece was wrong.  Well the rear end was powder coated, Mark and I talked about painting it, but I decided, with his advice, since it wasn't going to be a concourse car to powder coat it.  It's more durable, and after I wipe it down a few times, it will dull down.  You don't like it - tough shit! The exhaust hangar is being taken care of... something already planned BEFORE people chimed in.  As far as the stripe that I helped install, perhaps I pulled a little to hard to get it to adhere and it got a little low, but I'm sure ALL Daytonas were identical.  As far as the tilt and centering - you're WRONG. I went off the photos I have of the car.

If people want my car to be perfect, feel free to send me some money and I'll make it just as you want. Otherwise, kiss my as.
How true.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Fitz73Chrgr

WORD.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

moparstuart

well said   :2thumbs:  its your car , and you had alot of input as to what your purpose was with the car and the restore reflect your needs .   Your car , do as you please with it   ANOTHER DAYTONA SAVED  

Daytona R/T SE

If you're happy with a crooked stripe...

Good for you.  ;)

By the way...

I was just trying to be informative. :shruggy:

Here's the stripe on your car before it was sandblasted and primered by the flippers,

Please note that the letters are centered top to bottom over the body line. :Twocents:

Benji

Like my dad used to say "if you didn't have the time to do it right the first time, when will you have time to do it right the second time."

Benji

hemi68charger

Guess my eyes are bad, looks sort of centered to me and the "tilt" appearance might be caused by the dipping body contour of the bottom body line of the quarter. Tom, out a GearVendor, then you can drive it more with less fuel.
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Budnicks

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on October 20, 2013, 07:37:13 PM
If you're happy with a crooked stripe...

Good for you.  ;)

By the way...

I was just trying to be informative. :shruggy:

Here's the stripe on your car before it was sandblasted and primered by the flippers,

Please note that the letters are centered top to bottom over the body line. :Twocents:

:2thumbs:  :slap:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  oh and Tom have a great Birthday

djcarguy

Looking great been meaning to stop by the shop an check it out.  waiting for tom to call so i can go for 1 of the first test ddriv--rides,, still waiting?? latter, awsum looking Daytona,Tom see ya. DJ out west :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :cheers: :D :D

moparstuart

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mopar Nut

djcarguy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IF YA LET ME TAKE THE DAYTONA HOME I WILL WASH IT FOR YA B-DAY???  WELL WHAT YA SAY TOM ??? :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :drool5: :popcrn:

hemi*guy

Tom
      Car is looking great!!  I'm sure it is just the way YOU want it! Have a great day. :2thumbs:

Guy

Tom Swope

Tom , Car is beautiful and the guys at GCz did an excellent/professional job. We sent the exhaust up with Josh last week and hopefully you like it.

moparstuart

moparstuart

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!