News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard carz Daytona ***NEW PICTURES ADDED*** 4 UNCLE FESTER

Started by moparstuart, December 07, 2012, 12:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4daytona

djcarguy  if you're that close you should stop by I'm sure Mark would be glad to show you what he's working on.  You'll be impressed by the shop.  I found out that my Daytona is in part of the first episode along with my interview!  I really wonder if I do look like Uncle Fester as he's called me!  :hah:  All in fun. 

DC_1

I always thought there was more of a fade too.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: r4daytona on January 04, 2013, 08:57:06 PM
djcarguy  if you're that close you should stop by I'm sure Mark would be glad to show you what he's working on.  You'll be impressed by the shop.  I found out that my Daytona is in part of the first episode along with my interview!  I really wonder if I do look like Uncle Fester as he's called me!  :hah:  All in fun. 
Remember he is a Twocan Sam Parrot.  Does your car on his show mean your getting it fixed for free ?

moparstuart

hey tom    oh i mean uncle fester your famous now   :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

r4daytona

Stu, you should see what I look like with a light bulb in my mouth!!  Famous?  Don't think so.  I'd prefer my 15 min. of fame for winning the Powerball lotto or marrying one of Hugh Hefners leftovers!  I thought the show went well last night.  No, I'm not talking about my part.  Overall, there was a decent amount about cars so hopefully guys will realize Mark did listen to the feedback from season I and credit him for that.  I'm sure someone will bitch though that he put the part in about his daughters wedding.  Wasn't I adorable as a kid!  :lol:  How did you like the pinewood derby car?  If you watch it again look when the car is coming out of the hauler... look at the drivers front tire how crooked it is.  It hit something pretty bad and acutally twisted the lower control arm.  Chrysler GAVE him that challenger to use so I'm glad he covered it for them.

70Sbird

Well I didnt even know that the Velocity channel existed or that I had access to it until last night, but now I'm hooked!
It seemed to have the "usual" reality show format but I did like seeing all of the Mopars and didnt see anyone that resembled the Count either (also a plus). Congrats on your 15 minutes Tom! I'll be tuning in for the rest of the season now. I also saw the teaser on the SC white Superbird...

Scott Faulkner

billssuperbird

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on January 09, 2013, 09:17:23 AM
Well I didnt even know that the Velocity channel existed or that I had access to it until last night, but now I'm hooked!
It seemed to have the "usual" reality show format but I did like seeing all of the Mopars and didnt see anyone that resembled the Count either (also a plus). Congrats on your 15 minutes Tom! I'll be tuning in for the rest of the season now. I also saw the teaser on the SC white Superbird...
scott watch the other car stuff on velocity , I love that channel and would watch it 24 /7 if i had the time

r4daytona

I agree, Mikes superbird will also be an interesting story.

moparstuart

Quote from: r4daytona on January 09, 2013, 08:26:54 AM
Stu, you should see what I look like with a light bulb in my mouth!!  Famous?  Don't think so.  I'd prefer my 15 min. of fame for winning the Powerball lotto or marrying one of Hugh Hefners leftovers!  I thought the show went well last night.  No, I'm not talking about my part.  Overall, there was a decent amount about cars so hopefully guys will realize Mark did listen to the feedback from season I and credit him for that.  I'm sure someone will bitch though that he put the part in about his daughters wedding.  Wasn't I adorable as a kid!  :lol:  How did you like the pinewood derby car?  If you watch it again look when the car is coming out of the hauler... look at the drivers front tire how crooked it is.  It hit something pretty bad and acutally twisted the lower control arm.  Chrysler GAVE him that challenger to use so I'm glad he covered it for them.
very happy for you Tom glad your getting the car done and it gets to be a star on TV  .

moparstuart

Quote from: r4daytona on January 09, 2013, 08:26:54 AM
just for you tom

Ian and I built this one about 5 years ago , didnt win the race but got a best design award  .
I could never get the wheels right on those darn cars .   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Mytur Binsdirti

moparstuart

r4daytona

Great photo!  much more detail than mine. Ok, i was at a disadvantage as a kid becasue my dad knew, and knows, nothing about cars!  lol   Theres a convertible I've heard of with that same color scheme, wonder if the owner of the convertible stole the idea from the derby car?? :lol:

hitail

I like it!
Here's a picture of my son's Daytona from several years ago.

moparstuart

Quote from: hitail on January 09, 2013, 08:42:23 PM
I like it!
Here's a picture of my son's Daytona from several years ago.
awesome

ACUDANUT

How do we go from GYC to pinewood derby. :scratchchin:

r4daytona

Here's 4 pics Mark sent me.  I know he's been swamped (contrary to what you've seen on the show).  One of his goals is to start and finish one or two cars each season.  It's going to take some doing since he produces the shows with his own money. He's hired a couple guys to help, so just know he's working on it. I still say, (of course I'm biased) lets simply enjoy a show about mopars and watch it develop.   You'l notice my swiss cheese floor that I was starting to drill the spot welds out then stopped so I could keep some of the structural integrity while being shipped.  I'll be glad to try and answer any other questions I can.  This shell is the way I got it.  I told mark that i prefer he blast it rather than dip.  Just my personal preference.

moparstuart

hotrod98

That looks like the Daytona that was for sale in Ozark, Missouri a couple of years ago? My brother in law had thought about buying that one and bringing it to us to restore since I had a lot of Daytona parts lying around. We're about 3 1/2 hours south of there.

As for dipping a car. Don't ever let someone dip your car. It will rust from the inside out. Dipping removes all of the seam sealer that is sandwiched between the overlaps and there is no way to properly reseal the pinch welds. Also, it's impossible to get all of the dip material out of the rockers as well as the frame rails.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

djcarguy

THAT quarter sure looked better in flat black an in person ,did they ram the forklift into it???  glad too see work is under way and all the best on build.

saw show,it is better this year,except pumpkin crap.more WING CARS AND CAR STUFF,LESS BALL SHOT........ Well i will watch this year and talk up show at the POOR house in springfield,oregon. tuesday what else is there and only 2 bucks for all the soda ya can drink.. they hand me the remote to the back corner and a big tv with padded booth ,i pick several shows and flash back an forth all nite........meet some interest people and car guys too.........

CAME ON DOWN,,EVEN EAST COAST WELCOME,,AH HA HA HA,,,SEE YA THERE???DJ'S REVIEW :rofl: :smilielol: :Twocents: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs:

r4daytona

Glad it seems to be that people are getting the humor.  Yes that is the car from Ozark.  I found it on the internet and I was told it was on ebay for a bit before that but then taken off.  Either way, i'm glad it's mine - as rough as it is.  I talked to Anthony Zachary( his dad owned it at one time) and he remembers going with his dad when he was about 11 and picking the car up.  He said his dad paid $700 for the car.  It had that quarter panel hit a long time ago! If you want something more interesting, watch when the car is coming out of the trailer and look at the way the drivers side tire turns!! I think Bo and Luke must have jumped it at some time!  That lower ball joint is not only bent but also twisted.  How the hell do you twist a ball joint? The front geometry is WAY out of whack.

ACUDANUT

I have yet to see a price/estimate to fix this car.  Or is he doing it for free, since it's on his show.  :scratchchin:

Daytona Guy

Once I get my Blue HEMI Daytona done - I want to drive it down to see your car again.

Dane