News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bird on the Bay -SOLD - Anyone's here?

Started by WINGIN IT, December 07, 2012, 03:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WINGIN IT

After a couple listings, appears to be sold at $86K
Not bad for a 4bbl , non-matching motor car.

Anyone know it's history, and if anyone on the board grabbed it?
Love them console  4 speeds... :drool5:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUPERBIRD-/251192313510?_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4exp=true

Looks like this guy sold too after a relist - FY1 column auto 4bbl  -$88K

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ROAD-RUNNER-SUPERBIRD-/261134200257?_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4exp=true

moparstuart

looks like  87 k is the going rate    :smilielol:

I would love that orange  one  ,  :drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

charger_fan_4ever

Wow 39k survivor $86k. Nice

Soo what would one venture to say a comparable daytona is worth in todays market ?

WINGIN IT

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on December 07, 2012, 03:51:21 PM
Wow 39k survivor $86k. Nice

Soo what would one venture to say a comparable daytona is worth in todays market ?

I think that's a tough question. Yes they are wing cars, but different production numbers, maybe desirability ( although I like Superbirds a little more than Daytonas) and a number of other factors.
When SOLD Daytonas start showing up on E-bay then I can take a better guess  :icon_smile_big:
Don't think the 2 on there now will sell on there and/or their selling prices disclosed if sold.

1970Moparmann

Both owners wanted a lot more a few weeks ago, but let them go for what they did.  Both cars look like a great deal.  :2thumbs:

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

charger_fan_4ever

superbirds out number daytonas by what roughly 3 to 1 ? For sure the rariety of the mighty dodge wing SHOULD bring more. BUT when you look at the rarest aero the C500 it brings marginally more than an r/t  :shruggy:

Tough call for sure.

WINGIN IT

Not to mention these 2 sold at the end of the year.
Not prime selling time for much of any big ticket dollar item.
So I think we had motivated sellers.  Would they have sold for more come spring?
Maybe we'll find out if these are flipped come that time - don't know if the buyers are true wing fanatics finally getting their dream car, or just savvy dealers ready to flip come nice weather.
Time will tell...

Beep Beep Dave

The orange one was at Carlisle, an older couple from Maryland. Nice fella. They were asking $110k for it, I was cheking it out pretty good and with all the heat he dropped his price down to $90k.
Mind you at no time did I mention I was a buyer....I think he was very motivated to sell it right there and then.

Overall it was a nice solid piece, very little rust showing under the rear window trim, maybe a bit of work around the rocker/quarter joint.

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on December 07, 2012, 07:01:32 PM

Overall it was a nice solid piece, very little rust showing under the rear window trim, maybe a bit of work around the rocker/quarter joint.

Dave

If this is the same car, shame on the owner for saying -

The exterior  of this car is in superb "show" quality condition and has ALWAYS been garage kept and covered. The paint is gorgeous and just looks like new in every way. The interior is the original interior and is absolutely flawless! The doors open and close like a new car, all seals are excellent, and this Superbird needs nothing.

It sure looks like a nice car, but facts are facts. 
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on December 07, 2012, 07:01:32 PM
The orange one was at Carlisle, an older couple from Maryland. Nice fella. They were asking $110k for it, I was cheking it out pretty good and with all the heat he dropped his price down to $90k.
Mind you at no time did I mention I was a buyer....I think he was very motivated to sell it right there and then.

Dave

Oh yeah, I remember seeing the car at Carlisle now.  At $110K I thought it was overpriced for sure. I wouldn't have described it as pristine though.  I don't think I would have paid $86K for it. Well maybe if it was B5 and had the original motor,  :D