News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Opal back glass ?????????????

Started by mopar_man, August 24, 2013, 06:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar_man

For all you guys looking to clone a Daytona, just wondering if anybody ever looked at the back glass of an Opal. I know the Vegas are being used but it was just a thought as i know for two going cheap. i have no idea if the measurements are anywhere close. Just thought I'd pass it on for your consideration .  :cheers:

Daytona R/T SE

I'm going to assume you mean the early '70's Opel Manta?

My old man bought one of those new.

It was a real P.O.S.

I haven't seen one in years.

I think the back glass would look wrong on a Daytona clone.

If I remember right,

It has squared off corners at the top ? ? ?

And wasn't the trim silver plastic ? ? ?

mopar_man

Hi, no the corners at the top look pretty close but you would need a real glass to see the diff . .However the corners at the bottom are a little squared off now that I think of it . I'll see if I can get a pic up .  :cheers:

Stevearino

Thing is the Vega was pretty common compared to the Manta and they are getting scarce. When has anyone seen a Manta in the wild lately.

Daytona Guy

The Saab hatch back is closer but still off.

Dane

62 Max

Quote from: Stevearino on August 26, 2013, 09:18:40 PM
Thing is the Vega was pretty common compared to the Manta and they are getting scarce. When has anyone seen a Manta in the wild lately.

My wife found one on the hood of her Jeep on Saturday,put it in the bushes out back !! :o

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: mopar_man on August 26, 2013, 08:33:30 PM
Hi, no the corners at the top look pretty close but you would need a real glass to see the diff . .However the corners at the bottom are a little squared off now that I think of it . I'll see if I can get a pic up .  :cheers:

The upper corners look pretty squared off to me there, Chief  ;)

Stevearino

Quote from: Daytona Guy on August 26, 2013, 09:39:09 PM

Dane
Isn't that what they used on the Fast and Furious car?. Something about the back window on that car looks a little odd.

moparstuart

Quote from: Stevearino on August 27, 2013, 04:30:10 PM
Quote from: Daytona Guy on August 26, 2013, 09:39:09 PM

Dane
Isn't that what they used on the Fast and Furious car?. Something about the back window on that car looks a little odd.
they had several cars one was a modified  66-67 charger 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mopar_man

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on August 26, 2013, 11:23:30 PM
Hi, no the corners at the top look pretty close but you would need a real glass to see the diff . .However the corners at the bottom are a little squared off now that I think of it . I'll see if I can get a pic up .  :cheers:

The upper corners look pretty squared off to me there, Chief  ;)

Thats not the model, its the little 2 dr, looks something like a little corvette . i don't know the model .
:cheers:

http://www.nlclassifieds.com/Automotive-Antique-Vehicles-1971-Opel-GT-project-cars-Paradise-Newfoundland-NLCId1104870

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: mopar_man on August 27, 2013, 09:11:43 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on August 26, 2013, 11:23:30 PM
Hi, no the corners at the top look pretty close but you would need a real glass to see the diff . .However the corners at the bottom are a little squared off now that I think of it . I'll see if I can get a pic up .  :cheers:

The upper corners look pretty squared off to me there, Chief  ;)

Thats not the model, its the little 2 dr, looks something like a little corvette . i don't know the model .
:cheers:

http://www.nlclassifieds.com/Automotive-Antique-Vehicles-1971-Opel-GT-project-cars-Paradise-Newfoundland-NLCId1104870

That's the Opel GT.

I had one of those as my first car. :eek2:

Tiny little thing, I can't believe I ever fit my fat ass in it.  :o

That rear window would be VERY small on a Charger. :Twocents: