News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any Pontiac lovers here?

Started by marshallfry01, December 09, 2012, 01:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGhost

Pontiac is a very close second after Mopar for me.  The 66 GTO is the most beautiful car ever made by GM, and I love Trans Ams.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

cdr

this is my buddies T/A he bought it new ,we have been racing it for years,street car runs 10.90s,but it has been retired ,we always got accused of running a big block chebby,but its pontiac all the way.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

cdr

so now we built a 500 inch pontiac to go in this chevy,just to make a point  :nana:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

cdr

A383Wing

Our '73 Pontiac Grandville, 55,000 mile original car. My Dad bought it new in 1974. Engine is 455, TH400 trans

Bryan

chargerboy69

Quote from: TheGhost on December 09, 2012, 12:02:48 PM
Pontiac is a very close second after Mopar for me. 

Same with me, Pontiac made some great cars even to the end.  The 77-81 Trans Ams are my favorite, I have had roughly 8 Birds.  The 1965 GTO is one sweet car too.

To be honest, I probably like more GM muscle cars than I do Mopar.  But it just so happens the Charger is my favorite.  If not for the Charger, I would probably be on a Trans Am or Chevelle or Grand National forum.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

TheGhost

Quote from: cdr on December 09, 2012, 12:45:05 PM
so now we built a 500 inch pontiac to go in this chevy,just to make a point  :nana:

:2thumbs:
:D
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Fred

Quote from: 68X426 on December 09, 2012, 04:33:50 AM
My Dad had lots of Pontiacs in the 50s, 60s and 70s. Damn fine line-up of cars, and they really were better engineered than the rest of Brand X.

I learned to drive in a '70 Pontiac Tempest.

Learned other stuff too.  :yesnod:

Yeah, like what the back seat's for.  :smilielol:

I think I got ripped off, I paid heaps more than that for mine!  :icon_smile_big:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on December 09, 2012, 11:13:13 AM
Quote from: marshallfry01 on December 09, 2012, 10:46:04 AM
The 69 GTO Judge is another beautiful car.  The Judge is kind of like owning a daytona for those pontiac guys.  I have seen them sell for 100,000+  :popcrn:  Has anyone seen that movie "Sex Drive"?  It has a beautiful judge in it :2thumbs:

Funny as hell movie !!!!!If you haven't seen it,put it on your list of movies !!!!

Yeah, that was fun.  :2thumbs:

471_Magnum

Pretty much every time I've been between Mopars, I've given serious thought to acquiring an early second gen Firebird Formula.  I've got visions of a subtle pro touring one I'd like to put together someday.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

F8-4life

It seems like most mopar guys tend to take to pontiacs better then the rest of the gm camp. I also prefer them over olds and buick. My dad was a pontiac guy and used to have a '66 goat tri power 4 speed. If I could get ahold of that car again I would (still in teh family owned by my uncle now). Otherwise I would never just go out and buy a pontiac.
At least not while there are still dodges and plymouths

Fred

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on December 09, 2012, 04:14:47 AM
Quote from: Fred on December 09, 2012, 01:57:36 AM

Sorry Fred I don't believe you.  Obviously this car was Photoshopped, the steering wheel is on the wrong side!!!!

OMG! I've been driving around in a photoshopped car all this time and didn't even realise.            I want my money back!

TUFCAT

I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A HUGE PONTIAC FAN.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Mytur Binsdirti

No one's mentioned the Monkee Mobile?

For me, I always thought that the '71 white/ble Trans Am was a sexy car.

Dino

Wifey drives an 02 Trans Am WS6, one of the last made.  Thanks to the transmission in that thing I'm no longer happy with a 727.   :icon_smile_big:

The first gen GTO is one of my all time favorite cars as are the older Trans Am's.  Those cars meant business.
Quote from: chargerboy69 on December 09, 2012, 01:39:09 PM
Quote from: TheGhost on December 09, 2012, 12:02:48 PM
Pontiac is a very close second after Mopar for me. 

Same with me, Pontiac made some great cars even to the end.  The 77-81 Trans Ams are my favorite, I have had roughly 8 Birds.  The 1965 GTO is one sweet car too.

To be honest, I probably like more GM muscle cars than I do Mopar.  But it just so happens the Charger is my favorite.  If not for the Charger, I would probably be on a Trans Am or Chevelle or Grand National forum.

Same here, aside from the 2nd gen Charger, there's not a whole lot I care for in the Mopar department.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Cooter

Quote from: Dino on December 10, 2012, 12:09:37 PM
Same here, aside from the 2nd gen Charger, there's not a whole lot I care for in the Mopar department.

Oh C'mon now Dino, you know you just LOVE a 1960 Dodge. :rofl:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Dino

Quote from: Cooter on December 10, 2012, 12:26:06 PM
Quote from: Dino on December 10, 2012, 12:09:37 PM

Oh C'mon now Dino, you know you just LOVE a 1960 Dodge. :rofl:

:eek2:    :lol:

Cooter

Yeah, the "Diehard" Mopar fan" has to love all the "Fugly" ones Mopar came out with, but that one looks too much like a pug nosed dog IMO.

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Dino

There's several old Dodge's that I like, I may not like em as much as a GM car from that era but they still made some real nice cars.  But '60 models ain't one of 'em!

chargerboy69

For me the 62 and 63 Dodge Polaras were some of the ugliest cars made.  Most of the Mopars in the early 60's sucked.

They made crap while GM had the GTO, the Riviera, the Impala and Ford had the Starliner.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

wingcar

During a Non-Mopar period of my life I owned a 1973 Black Trans-Am with the screaming chicken on the hood.  And, before that I had a 1969 Tempest with the dual overhead cam 6-cylinder.   The Trans-Am was stolen and I sold the '69, not realizing how special the 6 was......     
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

chargerman69

here's my 79 t/a bandit ed all factory side's new paint and decals, carpet

TUFCAT

chargerman69

JB400

Any plans on putting the rear window louvers on?