News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chargers in the background where you least expect them

Started by Ghoste, December 09, 2012, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar0166

did you get the black 70 charger in the wedding singer ?

Brock Lee

Quote from: projectanimal on January 02, 2013, 10:18:43 PM
Was watching Cheech and Chong up in smoke the other day from 78, and as they are driving around they pass a 69/70 but all you see is back end quickly!!  :2thumbs:

There are two Chargers in Up in Smoke. A red one in the background after they stop after smoking the huge joint in the car. And later they pass a blue 69 with white painted tailpanel.

VegasCharger

Quote from: ChargerD100 on August 06, 2013, 03:53:17 AM
just noticed a '69 in Purple Rain about a hour in when the song when doves cry starts playing, you really cant miss it the grille takes up half your screen

Another shot of the Purple Rain '69 Charger................

chargerman69

I likey could get that AAA decal made for you
Quote from: 1BAD68 on August 06, 2013, 10:26:40 AM
Quote from: WM23N1 on February 20, 2013, 06:38:31 PM
"Macgyver"

The bumper in the upper right of that picture has the AAA decal I've been searching for.
It was on my Charger when I bought it but flaked off since.

projectanimal

Saw a new commercial for visiting California last night and there is a shot of Shatner on a movie set with a newer charger in background, but he's about to get into a 1970!   :2thumbs:   Will try to get a picture next time.
northwest CT

VegasCharger

Quote from: projectanimal on November 18, 2013, 09:36:49 AM
Saw a new commercial for visiting California last night and there is a shot of Shatner on a movie set with a newer charger in background, but he's about to get into a 1970!   :2thumbs:   Will try to get a picture next time.
Here I'll help you out.
This is the best shot I could capture.
But is it a '70? I see a head rest.
To my knowledge '70s had either high back buckets or bench.
Just my  :Twocents:

XH29N0G

The 70 bench had a headrest similar to that one.  From that shot I could not identify the year. :shruggy:  My 70 has a slightly different mirror, but I don't know if that is enough.  

I looked up the ad online though and it does not look like a 70 bumper/hood line/sidelight in the shot at:

http://www.visitcalifornia.com/Life-In-California/Dreamers/William-Shatner-at-Paramount-Studios-Hollywood/
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

UFO

I say that is a '68.
Look how far back the door lock knob is.

Ghoste

UFO

From a episode of Charlie's Angels.

UFO

Quote from: Ghoste on November 23, 2013, 12:00:43 PM
Maybe its an "assorted"?

Doubt it.
Using the link in the post before me there is a shot that you can see the left front marker light.

Ghoste

Yes I see it now, it also looks to me very much like it is NOT a 1970 grille and bumper.

Mopar4me

Not necessarily in the back round but a nice 3rd Gen. Charger ('73?) in the movie Unlawful Entry. Love the sound when Ray Liotta drives away in it. Also Looks like the same car in Real Steel?

VegasCharger

Quote from: UFO on November 23, 2013, 11:55:44 AM
I say that is a '68.
I can't believe I missed the door lock knob placement. :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
Good call.

Ghoste

Not just the devil in the details, the Charger model is there too.  :lol:

dodgeguydelta

Live love and play hard die laughing

Ghoste

It might be in the background of that shot but its still ahead of that interceptor.  :D

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: VegasCharger on November 23, 2013, 05:19:29 PM
I say that is a '68.
I can't believe I missed the door lock knob placement. :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
Good call.

could be like mine where one door is a 69-70, and another is a 68  :rofl:

Ghoste

Thats funny because I had a 69 once like that too.  Correct door on one side and a 68 on the other.  :lol:

VegasCharger

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on November 23, 2013, 09:28:57 PM
Quote from: VegasCharger on November 23, 2013, 05:19:29 PM
I say that is a '68.
Good call.

could be like mine where one door is a 69-70, and another is a 68  :rofl:
Now that's funny! :hah:
Is that in case where you cannot decide on what model to go with and when you do you only have to modify one door.  :smilielol:

projectanimal

Quote from: VegasCharger on November 23, 2013, 05:37:07 AM
Quote from: projectanimal on November 18, 2013, 09:36:49 AM
Here I'll help you out.
This is the best shot I could capture.
But is it a '70? I see a head rest.
To my knowledge '70s had either high back buckets or bench.
Just my  :Twocents:

Here's the you tube clip and after he asks his line it pans back... Hard to tell, but when I paused it the grille to the left of the cameraman looks 70....  :shruggy:
http://www.ispot.tv/ad/71uK/visit-california-dreamers-featuring-william-shatner
northwest CT

Ghoste

In that shot it does look like it but I think its just the glare.  If you look at the second pic in the link higher up it looks like a 68 grille to me.

Ghoste

projectanimal

Quote from: Ghoste on November 24, 2013, 02:47:01 PM
Here.

I see it now!  I guess it was glare, but still cool no matter which charger is there!   :2thumbs:
I can also see the round marker light better in that shot! 
northwest CT

Ghoste

Yes, you are defintiely right on that, it is cool no matter what.  :cheers: