News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question about Zombies...the official zombie thread

Started by AKcharger, February 11, 2006, 05:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

OK you might be able to tell it's a boring rainy Saturday from this question:

My son and I were watching a zombie show on FX and were wondering; If a zombie goes into a hospital and bites (infects) the patients in that hospital will they be "cured" enough to go out an eat brains and stuff or would they be just a bunch or sick/injuried zombies?

The things that make you go "hmmm"

AK

Andrew

If its a vuirius, yes they will be able to go out and do zombie things.

But if they have a broken arm or no legs or something, they will just be a bunch of injured zombies.

Orange_Crush

That's usually the kind of question I ask after a few good hits on the waterpipe.

And Andrew...that's about the most disturbing avatar I've ever seen.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Andrew

I know. ;D

www.geosmart.com (odd japanese site)

bull

Orange_Crush

Quote from: Andrew on February 11, 2006, 09:17:15 PM
I know. ;D

www.geosmart.com (odd japanese site)

Hey ANdrew...I'm gonna hijack this thread...Have you ever seen the car in your sig "in person?"
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

AKcharger

Hey hey! back to the zombies;
Andrew I'm with ya' now we've all seen how broken arm/leg zoomies regain at least some mobility. I'm mostly wondering about patients with advanced Cancer and AIDS and stuff...woo now there one...If a Zoombie infected an AIDS person would that be like a "double wammy" AIDS/T-Virus thing?

greenpigs

A 12 gage shotgun solves the question.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

AKcharger

But only in the head right?

...wait...what about a nursing home and alzmimers suffers?
...an mental institution?

I guess being a zombie and selecting your victim isn't as simple as it might seem?

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Drache

If you listen to most of the talk about zombies, expecially in alot of the newer movies you'll hear them say that zombies have only basic motor skill functions. Although some of those zombies in Land of the Dead moved awfully good. I don't think AIDS or anything else has an effect on them cause they are dead.

Wasn't in the Resident Evil movie/games they were trying to cure AIDS or something with the T-virus? Or was that a different movie?
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

69bananabeast

think it was something different . In Resident evil they were trying to re-animate dead cells .  Mostly marketing it as a make-up I beleieve.  In the  2nd movie the guy who invented it originally intended to use it to help his daughter walk
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Old Moparz

I tend to agree. I think if a Zombie bites anyone alive, & that's regardless of their health condition, they become a Zombie & go about doing the typical Zombie things. That leads me to believe though, that if you had an incurable ailment, such as Alzheimer's or certain cancers in late stages, the Zombie bite could be to your advantage. You'd become active again, & would probably be more productive as a Zombie in some instances. (I've seen it with some coworkers already.)

No more laying in bed watching daytime television, or having your friends & relatives all come visit, crowding around your bed & saying things like "Don't worry, we're all pulling for you & just know you'll get better." What a crock that is. At least as a Zombie you'd be able to get up, exercise, chase down a few people & not have to eat hospital food. If you get shot in the head, so what? It's not like you were going to be doing anything really important, & at least you can get some rest.

Another big advantage is that you'll be off the health care system & not bleeding insurance companies & making rates increase. But I won't go there & get this thread locked.

BTW, should the word "Zombie" be spelled with a capital Z or a lower case z?  :shruggy:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

greenpigs

QuoteBTW, should the word "Zombie" be spelled with a capital Z or a lower case z?

Only if it is at the start of a sentence, as it is not one of those words that gets capitalized regardless, like a states name a month or religious words like..God, Lord..etc.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

AKcharger

Quote from: Old Moparz on February 12, 2006, 03:05:49 PM
...That leads me to believe though, that if you had an incurable ailment, such as Alzheimer's or certain cancers in late stages, the Zombie bite could be to your advantage. You'd become active again, & would probably be more productive as a Zombie in some instances. (I've seen it with some coworkers already.)

... At least as a Zombie you'd be able to get up, exercise, chase down a few people & not have to eat hospital food. If you get shot in the head, so what? It's not like you were going to be doing anything really important, & at least you can get some rest.

ROTFL

Excellent! so I guess we might have stumbled on a cure for cancer, just turn them into zombies, just need to find a cure for zombism then  ???

Drache

Quote from: AKcharger on February 12, 2006, 05:04:29 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on February 12, 2006, 03:05:49 PM
...That leads me to believe though, that if you had an incurable ailment, such as Alzheimer's or certain cancers in late stages, the Zombie bite could be to your advantage. You'd become active again, & would probably be more productive as a Zombie in some instances. (I've seen it with some coworkers already.)

... At least as a Zombie you'd be able to get up, exercise, chase down a few people & not have to eat hospital food. If you get shot in the head, so what? It's not like you were going to be doing anything really important, & at least you can get some rest.

ROTFL

Excellent! so I guess we might have stumbled on a cure for cancer, just turn them into zombies, just need to find a cure for zombism then  ???

.12 gauge, double barrel, OO buckshot, both triggers!  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bull

Yea, we've already established the "cure" for zombification, that is, a round to the head. By coincidence I just watched Dawn of the Dead last night, the '04 remake with Ving Rhames, and the people who were bitten by zombies actually performed better physically than they did before. To update itself the zombies can run and jump, etc. Also, the living were able to kill some of the zombies by burning them too so there are other ways to kill a zombie. I don't recall there being any terminal patients or elderly zombies in the movie but in many cases the people who were bitten had injuries bad enough to die so in a sense they would be worse off than a terminally ill person. The guy at the beginning of the film had an artery in his neck bit open and he bled out within two minutes, so how is it that he can jump up two minutes after that and go after his wife? Maybe zombies don't like AIDS-tainted blood. Maybe it's like drinking sour milk. I mean they don't eat other zombies or animals so maybe they don't eat sick people either. Oh, by the way, I think this is all fiction. ;) I've never seen any zombie rules to go by but I think the "----- of the Dead" creator (George Romero) has established most of the popular zombie standards. Here's some good info on zombie films:

http://www.ugo.com/channels/dvd/features/zombieweek/zombiemovies_1.asp
http://www.undeadfilms.com/article.php?type=article&id=50

Dale The Bold

Many of the zombie rules are up to the individual film.  Most of them are standard, but in Romero's universe, anyone who dies becomes a zombie, so it's not so much of a virus as it is something that has happened to the world.  The Night of the Living Dead, which started it all, had something fall from outer space that affected the dead (and recently deceased).  Getting bitten by a zombie, however, just meant you were dying sooner.  Later interpretations took on the "virus" aspect.

As far as the wounded becoming zombies, someone with a broken leg would be able to walk as a zombie.  The reason is, first of all, they feel no pain.  Secondly, being a zombie means you're motivated by the extreme desire to eat the flesh of the living, that desire is enough to make you drag your decomposing corpse across a mile of salty asphalt if that's what it takes.  And even the zombies who were physically intact upon zombification often decompose to the point where they are in worse shape than someone who was injured.  I would like to see someone who spent many years in a wheelchair become a zombie that instinctively uses the wheelchair to get around.

Zombie movies need to focus more on the stench of rotting flesh.  If it were real, people would be vomitting all the time just from the stink rising above the city.  In "Land of the Dead," however, they do refer to the dead as "stenches."

I was having a conversation just last night with someone about the notion of a "zombie plague."  Since it's so often looked upon as a virus, I thought of a different take on the zombie movie genre.  What if the zombie virus was an STD?  And what if zombies didn't pursue the living to feed on them, but instead to have sex with them (and spread the zombie virus)?  That's infinitely more horrifying, I think.  The idea of a street full of walking corpses is nasty enough, but it's way worse if their sole desire is to gang-rape you with their rotting genitals.  And all it would take is sexual contact to infect their victims.  Try having that image run through your head while you sleep tonight.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

bull

Quote from: Dale The Bold on February 13, 2006, 02:19:46 PM

I was having a conversation just last night with someone about the notion of a "zombie plague."  Since it's so often looked upon as a virus, I thought of a different take on the zombie movie genre.  What if the zombie virus was an STD?  And what if zombies didn't pursue the living to feed on them, but instead to have sex with them (and spread the zombie virus)?  That's infinitely more horrifying, I think.  The idea of a street full of walking corpses is nasty enough, but it's way worse if their sole desire is to gang-rape you with their rotting genitals.  And all it would take is sexual contact to infect their victims.  Try having that image run through your head while you sleep tonight.

DEAD ALIVE (1992)

Before he became a household name with The Lord of the Rings, Peter Jackson specialized in strange, low-budget horror films, the most notable being this little gem. Besides introducing a whole new league of undead that could run, flip, make their severed body parts move on their own (including their lungs and intestines), and grow to ten times their original size, Jackson also introduced the zombie sex drive.

If you've seen the film, you know what we're talking about. For those of you who haven't seen the film, we'll let your imagination do the work for you until you go to your local video rental outlet (which we recommend doing as soon as possible).

Old Moparz

What if the zombie virus was an STD?  And what if zombies didn't pursue the living to feed on them, but instead to have sex with them (and spread the zombie virus)?  That's infinitely more horrifying, I think. The idea of a street full of walking corpses is nasty enough, but it's way worse if their sole desire is to gang-rape you with their rotting genitals.  And all it would take is sexual contact to infect their victims.  Try having that image run through your head while you sleep tonight.

I bet there's a s**t load of necrophiliacs waiting for that movie to open.

By the way, who the hell do you hang out with & have this converstation with?
               Bob                

Dale The Bold

No, no, no.  This would be a movie for vivunecrophiliacs, people who have sex with the living dead.

And the whole idea is for it to be extra scary for the rest of us.  Is Dead Alive the movie someone told me about where zombies have sex with each other?  My idea is more of a rapist-zombie thing, which I think is scary as all hell.

Don't worry.  The person I was talking with about this idea also thought I was crazy.  But it's supposed to be horrifying and disturbing, kind of like Silence of the Lambs meets Dawn of the Dead.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

RallyeMike

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

AKcharger

... What if the zombie virus was an STD?  And what if zombies didn't pursue the living to feed on them, but instead to have sex with them (and spread the zombie virus)?  That's infinitely more horrifying, I think.  The idea of a street full of walking corpses is nasty enough, but it's way worse if their sole desire is to gang-rape you with their rotting genitals.  And all it would take is sexual contact to infect their victims.  Try having that image run through your head while you sleep tonight.

Sexual assuaults by Zombies happens more often than you'd think!

Old Moparz

Quote from: Dale The Bold on February 13, 2006, 04:55:35 PM
No, no, no.  This would be a movie for vivunecrophiliacs, people who have sex with the living dead.

And the whole idea is for it to be extra scary for the rest of us.  Is Dead Alive the movie someone told me about where zombies have sex with each other?  My idea is more of a rapist-zombie thing, which I think is scary as all hell.

Don't worry.  The person I was talking with about this idea also thought I was crazy.  But it's supposed to be horrifying and disturbing, kind of like Silence of the Lambs meets Dawn of the Dead.

Living dead, or dead dead, I don't think it matters as long you're getting some. (Just ask Poncho-Mojo.) As for thinking you're crazy, I wasn't impying anything of the kind. I was just wondering because a bunch of us were talking about getting together at Carlisle this summer & just wanted to know who's buying the beers when the topic turns from Chargers to zombie rapists?  :D
               Bob                

'CUDA360

Quote from: greenpigs on February 12, 2006, 10:14:38 AM
A 12 gage shotgun solves the question.

I always thought you had to sever the spinal chord just below the brain stem  :icon_smile_tongue:
I guess I've been doing it wrong   :eyes:

Just a couple of holes in the brain won't do anything but if you get lucky and hit the spinal chord too then the zombie won't die outright but will just collapse in a heap and starve of a brain less diet.