News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I went to the dark side

Started by 68coronetGLwannabe, December 15, 2012, 06:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68coronetGLwannabe

Had a 74 GS when I was in High school. Been looking for a project GS for a while and came across this 75. She sat for many years and the guy i bought it from got it from the original owner and got it running and driving. He been using it as a daily drive and it runs and drives good, but the AZ sun has taken its toll on the paint and interior. Too bad it didnt have a 455 in it but 74 was the last yr of that in the GS. Going to take a lot of work to bring it back to its former glory and it should be fun doing it.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

68coronetGLwannabe

One of my favorite parts of the GS was the console and shifter. I did some research and in 75 they only made 1152 of these cars and you could only get a V6 or 350 in it. The last pic is my car in 1983.
"That's us in 10 years".

kikgas01

Yep, like the console and shifter.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: skip68 on December 16, 2012, 01:11:46 AM
That car is gay.   :Twocents:

How dare you come in and piss all over my thread!  :RantExplode:
"That's us in 10 years".

skip68

I figure the only way to have your threads get attention is for me to pee on them.   Sorry, but it's still gay covered in my pee.    :nana:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

68coronetGLwannabe

Maybe I will paint it Orange and put an 01 on it.  :D
"That's us in 10 years".

skip68

Yes, orange with an 01 will make it rock.   :2thumbs:

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on December 15, 2012, 06:18:07 PM
One of my favorite parts of the GS was the console and shifter. I did some research and in 75 they only made 1152 of these cars and you could only get a V6 or 350 in it. The last pic is my car in 1983.

OMG look how cool that's supposed to be!
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Mytur Binsdirti

The mid-late 70's was an aweful time for cars of any brand. When a dog's ass looks better than the car it's next to, you know the car is fugly.

JB400

You guys need to share a little love for these off year cars.  I know they don't look like a hi po ride, but they can be.  I think they make for excelllent sleepers.  They accept almost every hi po part that was used during muscle car era.  As long as you don't have the emisson regulations to deal with, have some fun with them.  Emissions rules are the only drawback on these that I can see.  Parts should still be fairly plentiful.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 16, 2012, 08:53:37 AM
You guys need to share a little love for these off year cars. 

BTW, I did show restraint with my comment above.   :lol:

Stretch

I'm not much for the red one but the black one looks good!
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

69 OUR/TEA

68wannabe,it's a rough crowd here,there are car guys that appreciate just about any old american car,and ones who are tunnel visioned either to one specific brand or just rare musclecars.Not all of us can have a nosecone and wing,spark plugs sticking out of the valve covers, a hood that shakes,or one that is fastened with four bobby pins.
Those that do,God bless you,the rest, obtain whatever you can that makes you happy and enjoy life to be part of the car hobby.
With that 68wannabe,I consider this forum def one of my favorites as it is more like a big family,very usefull for info as well as helping others out.Sometimes you can see it gets ugly with negative comments,topics,personal attacks,but a very fun forum to be on,and not just because it's about Chargers.I myself refrain 99.9% as if I don't have anything good to say about a car or person,I just don't reply at all.
With that,I'll throw myself to the wolves with ya,I have a sister car to your Century,the Regal,a 16k orig mile/paint survivor that I drive the most of any old car I own.Ice cold A/C,am/fm,pw,350 4bbl,dual exhaust,tilt,comfy split bench that feels like your sitting on your couch going down the highway,and great on gas to boot.
Cheap money for a nice old,clean,reliable car to enjoy cruise nights,family drives,or just for the heck of it.

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 16, 2012, 06:26:36 AM

The mid-late 70's was an aweful time for cars of any brand. When a dog's ass looks better than the car it's next to, you know the car is fugly.

Thanks double dipping douche Bag! Quit looking at my dogs Ass. Go be a Dick head elsewhere.
"That's us in 10 years".

69 OUR/TEA

And best of all,one of my fav colors....GREEN !!!!! :drool5:  

JB400

Nice Regal 69 Our/ Tea.  I'm glad there is a few of us that are auto enthusiast that love chargers on here.

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on December 16, 2012, 11:59:41 AM
And best of all,one of my fav colors....GREEN !!!!! :drool5:  

I like yours 69 Our/Tea. These are the era of cars I grew up with. I appreciate them for what they are, the last of a dying breed but still good ole American steel.
"That's us in 10 years".

skip68

68coronet knows I'm messing with him.   OK Wade, I've got to ask ..........are you keeping this one?   I take it its got a 305 in it?   

68coronetGLwannabe

I plan on keeping it. The one I had back in 83 was a great all around car and it had a 455 in it. This one is a 350.
"That's us in 10 years".

rt green

could always find a 455 to put in it .    i dont mind those cars. they were smooth driving.
third string oil changer

kikgas01

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on December 16, 2012, 11:58:26 AM
68wannabe,it's a rough crowd here,there are car guys that appreciate just about any old american car,and ones who are tunnel visioned either to one specific brand or just rare musclecars.Not all of us can have a nosecone and wing,spark plugs sticking out of the valve covers, a hood that shakes,or one that is fastened with four bobby pins.
Those that do,God bless you,the rest, obtain whatever you can that makes you happy and enjoy life to be part of the car hobby.
With that 68wannabe,I consider this forum def one of my favorites as it is more like a big family,very usefull for info as well as helping others out.Sometimes you can see it gets ugly with negative comments,topics,personal attacks,but a very fun forum to be on,and not just because it's about Chargers.I myself refrain 99.9% as if I don't have anything good to say about a car or person,I just don't reply at all.
With that,I'll throw myself to the wolves with ya,I have a sister car to your Century,the Regal,a 16k orig mile/paint survivor that I drive the most of any old car I own.Ice cold A/C,am/fm,pw,350 4bbl,dual exhaust,tilt,comfy split bench that feels like your sitting on your couch going down the highway,and great on gas to boot.
Cheap money for a nice old,clean,reliable car to enjoy cruise nights,family drives,or just for the heck of it.
You said it. If it`s neat, I like it. That is why, yes there is my 69 Charger sitting in my garage next to my 49 Dodge, BUT I also have a tubbed out 82 MERCURY Zephyr Pro-Street car in there as well. I have a 04 Vic P71 that is my driver, a 89 Z-24 cavi with a 3400 in it and a Z-71 CHEVY truck. Oh and my 85 Supra behind my garage that I had since 94... and looking for more cars. :D

FlatbackFanatic

I think it looks cool. Can't wait to see it when you're done. What color are you going to paint it?
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN