News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

White bear dodge

Started by UFO, September 27, 2008, 10:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UFO

Wonder what the deal is? Sponsor of the race ? Sponsor of a racer ? Or just advertising for the dealership.
This is where I located the pic.
http://www.nitrosteve.net/photos_15.htm

Magnumcharger

Dealership sponsoring. White Bear Lake is in Minnesota.
Maybe the track was in Brainerd?
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

nascarxx29

It might say Jay polk above the white bear dodge
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

mikepmcs

Looks like too many letters for that but I would venture to say that it is a promo for the dealership.  Looks like it has a bunch of paperwork in the car like promos, etc....

Tom Hoover drove for them in the 70's.  From what I gather there were 4 White Bear Dodge drag cars. I don't believe this one was one of them :D
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Chris G.

mikepmcs

Chris , yes that is it.  Larry Reid owns it now.  Man, i googled and googled and could not find the history but figured it was a previous owner's name.  :notworthy:
I need to hone my computer skills I guess.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Redbird

Very cool web site. I especially liked the pictures of the Snake and Mongoose car haulers, and peoples dress.

As a teenager and in college I most often bought parts at White Bear Dodge. It just happened to be close to my folks home. I remember that for my first Superbird I needed an appraisal for insurance value in the mid '70's. One of the salesman at White Bear Dodge wrote up a letter for me.

69hurstsc

Old bump here.

I'm looking to chat with someone who would have worked there in the early 70's and was part of sponsoring some of the racers.

gtx6970

I cant recall any association of White Bear Dodge and Don Prudhomme
(the snake )

Chances are the 2 cars in the same pic is shear coincedence

Redbird

The Snake's 'Cuda in the picture has a 1971 paint scheme on the grill. The White Bear Dodge Daytona next to it must have been kept for a while.

The person immediately to the left of the Snake, as we look at the picture, might be Jerry Perkl. That person is wearing a Nylon Dodge jacket with a custom name stitched on the back.

I'll also note that on e-bay about 6 months or a year ago a Jerry Perkl White Bear Dodge jacket and helmet sold. The Helmet was supposed to be custom painted by Dave Bell. The jacket had a different stitching on the back, so it is not in this picture. Plus the e-bay jacket had a bunch of other patches added on to it. Both were very cool.

For this picture the Snake and the White Bear Dodge car may have been at a track and parked close to each other. Just a guess.

Also note the White Bear Dodge sticker in the Daytona's quarter window. Plenty of reproductions of that. When you put an original WBD sticker next to a reproduction one there are several differences. The biggest ones being the sticker and printing sheens.

Here is a WBD poster I saw a couple of years ago. I should have picked it up.

69hurstsc

They sponsored a 71 Charger that NFLer Alan Page ran at the local drag strips. I was wondering what kind of "arrangement" was made for that?