News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does this sound Kosher??

Started by johnnyseville, December 18, 2012, 05:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

pettybird

Quote from: Dino on December 19, 2012, 02:43:08 PM
People on this board have said they would consider pulling the matching block. storing it, and sticking in something else to preserve the original engine.  If that is true then this sounds very plausable to me.

One of my birds has eight sleeves in its original motor.  Unless you're looking to build stupid horsepower I can't see how you'd kill an original block. 

Dino

Quote from: pettybird on December 27, 2012, 12:36:50 PM
Quote from: Dino on December 19, 2012, 02:43:08 PM
People on this board have said they would consider pulling the matching block. storing it, and sticking in something else to preserve the original engine.  If that is true then this sounds very plausable to me.

One of my birds has eight sleeves in its original motor.  Unless you're looking to build stupid horsepower I can't see how you'd kill an original block. 

You wouldn't, but you know how anal people can be.  Heck, how many have a pristine classic sitting in a garage doing nothing? 

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

GOTWING

when my father was restoring his hemi coronet we put the original motor away and bought a block from Ray Barton to build and put in the hemi car, we know it was going to be raced and driven so why take the chance on the original! Our Superbird has the original 440 in it and it makes me nervous because i'm not afraid to run the piss out of it on occasion.