News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Send Jackie a message

Started by 67_Dodge_Charger, December 14, 2012, 08:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67_Dodge_Charger

Hey everybody send Jackie your best.  Robert

We need to send messages everyday to help Jackie know that we care how she is doing and are willing to help her in anyway.  I know others have taken the lead for sending donations but we still need to talk to Jackie so she knows she is not alone.  It is a scary time in any persons life when you are so enveleped in the pain and the questions "how will I pay my bills", "will I ever be healthy again", "will I be able to find a job", the questions go on and on.  The pain from spinal injuries is like no other pain you will ever know.  I've had 8 surgeries and I can tell you the pain that led to those surgeries is nothing like the pain in my neck.  My knee pain was more annoying then painful, my shoulder surgeries were again just annoying pain, my appendix was very painful but the surgery took the pain away (I suffered in pain for mere hours), and so now I have been in pain from neck injury for almost one year.  I don't know how long Jackie has been in pain from her injuries but I can assure you that it really tears you down and you will suffer from depression, you will wonder why no one is willing to help you to get rid of this pain.

So please send Jackie a note everyday to help cheer her up.  I needed my friends for my neck injury and I used them every chance I could and listened to them on how important it is to keep in touch.  I saw my younger sister who I haven't seen for over 7 years when I went to Billings for another doctors appointment.  My younger brother just moved to Missoula and I haven't seen him for quite a while as well, now he is visiting me everyday.

I think we all have people in our lives that would really appreciate a visit or a note or an invite to dinner or lunch.  Remember to help others regardless if times are hard or you are experiencing good times (if you are you are lucky).  Volunteer at your local mission or food bank or a elderly home that needs people to visit.

I know you don't need someone to preach to you, but we need to help Jackie any way we can.  Keeping in touch will help Jackie in ways you do not know. You may not know me and I probably don't know you except for the posts but we are still part of this chat site  and we need to take care of each other.    Robert

A383Wing

jar1292

:wave: :pity: you better say hi back and let every one know how you are hangin in there or.... :shruggy: :think: I will.... with help from others keep  :poke:you until we hear back from our sister mopar. Mr. Alasken_T/A could you maybe persuade a little? I know Im not speaking for myself... We miss her!!!!
Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...

Alaskan_TA

Persuasion is not an issue.

Sitting at the computer just makes her hurt even worse.

She does need some positive contact for sure. Send her a cute kitty photo a day or a prayer, a letter, or whatever you can. She has been having a very tough time with just about everything.

She will reply to folks on the computer when she can, but it takes a lot out of her.

Robert, I did read your last message from her thread to her a couple of nights ago, you are in her thoughts as well.

JB400

Thanks for keeping us posted TA :2thumbs:  I was wondering that too.  Flooding her pm box might seem like a nice guesture, but everyone needs to see things from her perspective as well.  I think it'd probably be best to just post on her thread like everyone does.  If you have something personal to share, then pm or email her.  I do wish her and everyone else having medical issues the best of wishes. :cheers:

Shelby S/C

Hey everyone, sorry it has been a while, I just finished up finals. Mom will be on in the near future to talk to all of you. She was having some very bad side effects from the meds they had her on, and it put her into "mental hell" as she calls it. She is still feeling pretty nauseated. It will be a few weeks until the side effects completely wear off. She is down to 100 pounds fully clothed  :-\ She really does appreciate all of the support you guys give her, and so do I because it is hard to be there for her all the time when I'm in college. But she did want me to tell you all that we are doing ok when it comes to bills. If you want to say anything to her and deliver the message quickly feel free to message me on here or facebook and I can relay whatever info you guys want me to. She said she will be on in a couple days, so I will keep you all posted. I hope everyone is doing well.
Talk to you soon

67_Dodge_Charger

Hi Jackie
It is a bright blue sky day here in Missoula, Mt.  Expect the temp is 25 degrees F, just a little cold at 10:15 AM.  Gonna go into the garage to clean it up and get ready to do body work on the Charger.  Good to hear your daughter is home from college, she will keep you in line.  Hope you have a pain free day.   :cheers: Robert

Alaskan_TA

Merry Christmas Jackie!

Know that you have company out on the bare limb of life.

Steve P.

Hi Jackie and Shelby.  Please do not ever feel overwhelmed by the need to answer back. I believe most of us have a pretty good idea how hard life can be at times and in many cases here a very long time. Just know we all care and wish you both the best. We also know it's not only the patient that hurts. Those around the patient may not feel the actual pain, but work very hard to relieve it and end up working even harder to keep everything else in life up to speed.. Many times this goes without thanks.  Not today. I and everyone else whom understands what you both are going through very much appreciate you doing so much for your mom. It is one hell of allot of work and takes love and devotion. My hat is off to you, Shelby.

I hope everything gets better as soon as possible for you both.
Happy holidays,  Steve

Ps. No worries if you don't get back to everyone here. We damn sure understand and do NOT want this ever to become a burden.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Patronus

I know it so well. My girlfriend has taken much from me these past 8 months. 8 months of pills and pain, of no sleep, no eating, and no fun. Yelling and crying, oh the writhing...They are the strongest ones. The ones next to us, picking up the pieces. I love her very much.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

67_Dodge_Charger

Hi Jackie,

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :cheers: Robert