News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

K frame bushings

Started by randy73, January 08, 2013, 12:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy73

I am wanting to replace the stock bushings w/new polyurethane graphite ones, but the bolts seem to be rusted on my 73 charger.
Anybody know of a good way to take the bolts out?

I do not want to snap a bolt.

Thanks!!

JB400

Soak them real well with a type of penetrant.  Let them sit a while after soaking.  Maybe try soaking them a couple times before attempting to loosen them.

randy73

how do you soak them?
the bolt goes up into the frame rail and there are not any openings near the bolt.

John_Kunkel

Best way is to drill a small hole in the frame box next to each bolt and use the plastic extension tip to spray rust penetrant on the end of each bolt.

Have you considered the solid aluminum spacers instead of the poly bushings? Lots more positive.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

six-tee-nine

If the bushings need to be replaced, then heath the bolts a bit, then give them a minute to shrink again and the rust inside will be cracked and they will release. Soaking someting you cant really soak and is all rusty doesnt do all that good....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

flyinlow

Soaked mine with PB Blaster for a couple of days ahead of time. Lossened some ,more PB blaster ,tightened back up a little, then all the way out.   :Twocents: