News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

We talked about smoke in a cars interior, How about candle smell in a house?

Started by Tilar, January 20, 2013, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilar

Just had a couple move out of my rentals and apparently they burned incense or candles. I've wiped the walls down with vinegar and water and that hasn't helped any. I ran an ionizer for 2 days downstairs and 2 days upstairs and while that helped a lot, after turning the thing off for a couple days the smell is back just as strong.  Anyone deal with anything like this?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Indygenerallee

Smoke a big ol' doobie in the middle of the house and that will get rid of the candle smell!  :icon_smile_big: :lol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

stripedelete

The fire restoration guys use the shellac based Kilz.   

In the mean time winterize it and open the windows.

polywideblock

buy a couple of lb's of potato's and quarter them place around house close rooms and leave as long as possibleday 2 days )old painters trick get paint smell out so don't see why it wouldn't work on hippy fumes :2thumbs:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Tilar

The potatos would be easy to do.  :scratchchin:  I also read where you can put out bowls of baking soda but I thought that might take some time to work.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

jar1292

Coffee grounds remove the smell of fish could work for other smells too.
Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...

HPP

Bowls of baking soda, coffee grounds or vinegar all work about the same. Never tried the potato trick in a house, but it does work with baked beans, so why not.

Ram07

I work in various grouphomes and such....gets a little stanky at times....we have a spray, it has no smell to it...called Medisafe, odor and cleanser...sprayed the crap outta a truck with cigarette smell...worked...and in the house for nasty stuff...Works well...give it a try!  :Twocents:

cant buy it in retail stores, more like commercial cleaning stores!

skip68

Check your vents.   Sometimes people put stuff in them to mask the smell of other things (drugs)   
Just sayin.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

DrHemi

1938 Packard 120
1957 Studebaker Silver Hawk
1963 Ford Fairlane 500
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (RIP due to code enforcement)
1970 Dodge Charger 500
1972 MG Midget
1987 Maserati BiTurbo Si

polywideblock

Quote from: DrHemi on January 21, 2013, 09:06:39 PM
Check the curtain rods too
Quote from: skip68 on January 21, 2013, 01:30:52 PM
Check your vents.   Sometimes people put stuff in them to mask the smell of other things (drugs)   
Just sayin.   
are we killing a smell or looking for a stash :icon_smile_big:

DrHemi

1938 Packard 120
1957 Studebaker Silver Hawk
1963 Ford Fairlane 500
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (RIP due to code enforcement)
1970 Dodge Charger 500
1972 MG Midget
1987 Maserati BiTurbo Si

polywideblock

Quote from: DrHemi on January 21, 2013, 09:06:39 PM
Check the curtain rods too

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474977081353
:2thumbs: had a tenant move out of shop next to work(midnight flit) weeks went by shop stank ended up through our air cond. went looking, found nothing took weeks but finally found lb of prawns had been put on top of motor of drink fridge and then pushed back up against wall  fridge still turned on   fridge went to tip NOTHING would remove smell