News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

superbird wing braces?

Started by DoubleDlover, January 03, 2013, 05:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleDlover

ok. Theres a rumor going around that daytona and bird wing braces are different and will not interchange.. I found both were the same. Only the brackets that mounts to the trunk floor were different. So what the real truth??? thanks

odcics2

What do the part number books say??   
Trust your eyes!!   :cheers:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Indygenerallee

I believe they are the same just the Daytona has the lower brace bolted to the trunk extension and the Superbirds lower brace is welded.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

BigBlockSam

QuoteI believe they are the same just the Daytona has the lower brace bolted to the trunk extension and the Superbirds lower brace is welded.

I believe so  :icon_smile_big:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

The four large braces are the same but the bird has one large washer welded to the top on each side as a spacer. The lower brackets are different but you can cut the Daytona bracket tabs off and weld the bracket to the floor. On bird clones, I simply break the lower daytona bracket tab a little more until it's 90 degrees and bolt them to the floor like a Daytona.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Lighthorseman

Quote from: hotrod98 on January 04, 2013, 11:39:19 PM
The four large braces are the same but the bird has one large washer welded to the top on each side as a spacer. The lower brackets are different but you can cut the Daytona bracket tabs off and weld the bracket to the floor. On bird clones, I simply break the lower daytona bracket tab a little more until it's 90 degrees and bolt them to the floor like a Daytona.

...And I think I'm one of a half-dozen or so still hoping that you'll make more of those brackets...   :D

moparstuart

Quote from: Lighthorseman on January 05, 2013, 12:14:23 AM
Quote from: hotrod98 on January 04, 2013, 11:39:19 PM

...And I think I'm one of a half-dozen or so still hoping that you'll make more of those brackets...   :D
yeah larry and stop trying to sell mine   :icon_smile_big: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

I sold the set that I was saving for myself so I had to try to get you to sell yours. Maybe it's time to start thinking about making more  :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

DonC1

BigBlockSam

Quotethinking about making more 

:scratchchin: i may take a set . just to have a set around
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

WINGIN IT

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 05, 2013, 05:41:38 PM

Sets for everyone !  :smilielol: :icon_smile_big:

rob-dirt

Quote from: hotrod98 on January 05, 2013, 03:30:43 PM
I sold the set that I was saving for myself so I had to try to get you to sell yours. Maybe it's time to start thinking about making more  :icon_smile_big:
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

hotrod98

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 05, 2013, 05:41:38 PM

Just curious. Do you still have the original wing braces that I copied way back when?  I was talking to someone a few days ago about how I painted the first sets that I made and painted your originals at the same time and accidentally got them mixed up. Thankfully, I noticed that yours were stamped "L" and "R".  ;D

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 09, 2013, 11:45:58 AM
there mounted in my daytona

better check them for the R and L  i bet he switch em on you    :rofl: :rofl: :nana: :nana:

BigBlockSam

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 09, 2013, 02:39:15 PM
:RantExplode:
you gotta watch him like a hawk , who knows if i still have any parts left at his place
hes been trying to sell them off for rent I think .

hotrod98

Stu, I keep yours and Lonnie's wingcar parts in the racecar shop. Out of sight, out of mind...lol  The only wingcar parts in the body shop are mine and Howie's. Oh, and Joe's Daytona parts of course.  ;D

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on January 09, 2013, 04:01:31 PM
Stu, I keep yours and Lonnie's wingcar parts in the racecar shop. Out of sight, out of mind...lol  The only wingcar parts in the body shop are mine and Howie's. Oh, and Joe's Daytona parts of course.  ;D
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

Troy

When are you going to tell them you sold the shop and threw in the parts as a "package deal"?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

moparstuart

Quote from: Troy on January 09, 2013, 04:49:09 PM
When are you going to tell them you sold the shop and threw in the parts as a "package deal"?

Troy

would serve me right for leaving them there so long

WINGIN IT

Troy

Hey, HEY , don't give him any ideas!  :nono:   ( at least until my car is done and safely in my garage  ;D  )

moparstuart

Quote from: WINGIN IT on January 10, 2013, 04:49:52 PM
Stu, I keep yours and Lonnie's wingcar parts in the racecar shop. Out of sight, out of mind...lol  The only wingcar parts in the body shop are mine and Howie's. Oh, and Joe's Daytona parts of course.  ;D

Troy

you might end up with a topless wing car in its place    :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Hey, HEY , don't give him any ideas!  :nono:   ( at least until my car is done and safely in my garage  ;D  )
you might end up with a topless wing car in its place    :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

WINGIN IT

Quote from: moparstuart on January 10, 2013, 09:55:30 PM
Quote from: WINGIN IT on January 10, 2013, 04:49:52 PM
Stu, I keep yours and Lonnie's wingcar parts in the racecar shop. Out of sight, out of mind...lol  The only wingcar parts in the body shop are mine and Howie's. Oh, and Joe's Daytona parts of course.  ;D

Troy

Hey, HEY , don't give him any ideas!  :nono:   ( at least until my car is done and safely in my garage  ;D  )

I'm too old to go topless Stu, maybe when  :pigsfly:    :icon_smile_big:

DoubleDlover

couple years ago i bought a set from someone making them. They were really nice. They were charging like 80 bucks or something. Was that on here or maybe on the mopar site??

hotrod98

I was selling them for $90 inc shipping. Ithink I remember you buying a set from me. If I make more, I'm not sure if I can make them that cheap next time.

Charles Addams

Lighthorseman

DoubleDlover

hi., Ok. I thought it was here. I do need another set for the recent find i found. So if you do make some. How do we find out theres avalible? thanks

hotrod98

I'll look into making more this week and post info on this site.

Charles Addams

rob-dirt

Quote from: hotrod98 on January 12, 2013, 07:44:05 PM
I'll look into making more this week and post info on this site.

put me down for a set  :2thumbs:

kab69440

I still have the braces and nose hardware. I need a bulk run of washers, z-brackets and latch trays. Oh and a wing and nose...
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."