News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3d model of dodge charger 69 :)

Started by scooterlord, April 11, 2006, 05:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooterlord

hello guys...

i love this car, and since i won't be able to buy it (i live in greece) i decided to model it. here are the results! what do you guys think? any comments appreciated! :)

you can find more pics at:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=344039

any crits welcome :)

Recharger

:o :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Wow, that's awesome!!  Amazing detail in there.  How long did it take you to put that together?

No criticisms here...  but if I was going to be a picky bastard though, I'd say the doors and fenders are a bit flat on the sides... there's more of a top-to-bottom curve, with a central body line that runs from front to back.  Again though, awesome job,  :yesnod:  I'm just being picky.

ChargerHound69

WOW!! 

That is something you don't see everyday.

scooterlord

hey again... as for the line mentioned, i noticed, it's easy to fix, i may add it just to make it more accurate :)

i used rhinoceros 3d to model, 3d studio w/ brazil r/s to render, photoshop to texture/post process. whole project took me about 2-3 months worth of working in 3d. (took me more because i had to abandon the project because i had to go to the army...)

..for the ones that have no idea on 3d graphics, all i can say is that you can see this from any possible angle, change colors, materials, etc in an instant.. i modeled this as thorough as i could, only using reference found on the net. i also modeled the inside of the trunk and parts of the engine (engine chassis, starter, battery, etc) but couldnt model the engine because of lack of good engine reference photos. let alone i spent waaaay too much time studying at reference pics which is very tiring if you dont have the actual car in front of you...

Brock Samson

:o

WOW!

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

JimShine

If you want to complete it, I am sure many of us here will be happy to provide pictures.

ChargerST

Good job!!! I'm doing some 3d stuff in Lightwave. Can you PM how you did the chrome and paint?

thx

limey

Absolutely fantastic - I program digital audio rather than digital images, so I know how much effort this takes! Well done.
Another little picky point - I don't think the hood curves down as much as on the model. It's more of a tabletop flat type thing..As I
say, just nit picking, but perfectionists like yourself usually appreciate criticism. :icon_smile_big:
Thanks for showing it to us,
Limey
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

69_se_ron

Check out my progress pics at:<br />http://www.cardomain.com/ride/732403

scooterlord

first of all thanks for your kind commenting.

looks like the line is not easy to fix after all and am not sure if i want to spend more time remodeling this. i remodeled many parts many times already because of lack of reference photos.

jimshine, thanks for the offer, but this should have been done a long time ago. i kept sending emails to people in the charger ring but noone replied. i took a lot of good reference from restoration sites :)

chargerst: i don't know how lightwave shaders work but i can provide you with a few tips. chrome, is all about reflections. as a material nothing difficult; plain black with fresnel fall-off in reflection slot from black to grey (220 out of 255 - that's for 3ds though, i don't know if lightwave uses the same technique, but i suppose it is the same). just use a good reflection map, hdri for best results, the rest will happen on it's own :)

as for the paint. pick your color, fresnel fall-off from black to grey ~20, reflections are a bit blurred; some may not like them blurred but i sure do :) normal reflections look very unrealistic. i hope this info helps a bit. most of the job is done by using an hdri for reflections. it's all about reflections and lighting...

limey: the blueprints i had were not perfect. it's not of matter of technique or difficulty, it's a matter of what kind of data i have in my hands. the hood was done as closely to the blueprints i had as i could. it took me several days to notice that the bumper had a strange curve to it. i remodeled it several times.. bumper and many other parts as well. if i had cad data i am positive i could have made it look a lot better and more accurate. same goes for the lack of the line in the side of the car. it was actually very easy to do when i first started modeling the car, too time-consuming for me to fix now. i just didn't notice when i should. yeah, i know it's so eye-catching but i didn't see it :) lol i hope you get the meaning...

i'll keep adding more photos soon to the following link, you can visit from time to time, it would be really nice if you guys voted for me as well :)

still expecting your crits and comments

Just 6T9 CHGR

Welcome Scooterlord!   

I see you have found Coasters thread as well over at CGsociety as well.  I have been helping him out with detail items on his render off my car.

His work is truely amazing.  He's doing a Transformer Charger now as you know........unreal!

Your work is great as well!  Keep it up   :cheers:

Chris
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

73rallye440magnum

that is unbelievable, you are really talented.
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

Spike

Quote from: scooterlord on April 12, 2006, 05:51:28 PM
first of all thanks for your kind commenting.

i'll keep adding more photos soon to the following link, you can visit from time to time, it would be really nice if you guys voted for me as well :)

still expecting your crits and comments

Show us where to vote for you and we will.!!!!
Fantastic job  :2thumbs:

scooterlord

6t9 thanks man. i wish i had your help also :)

as for the voting, go to this link, and at the top of the page, there are some stars. vote there! :)

thnks again