News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird Grill clips

Started by rickroadrunner, January 16, 2017, 07:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickroadrunner

I'm chasing the small rectangular clips that fasten the mesh grill to the grill frame and nose cone. Does anybody have a photo of the correct ones and a source of supply. Thanks

chaaargerb

Hi Rick I have some pictures of what I believe the original grill clips look like. I have 2 different styles. I have 10 that I believe go to the turn signal bezels and 12 that go to the screen. I know I should have 14 for the screen but 2 of them must have fell apart when I took the nose apart.

chaaargerb

I don,t know how close these replacements are but you might want to check. They are out of a carquest catalog.

odcics2

I think I have some NOS clips I found in the late 70s.
It'll take a day to get at them...
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

chaaargerb

Hey if you got enough to go around I would also be interested in some new clips. You see what mine look like. :cheers:

odcics2

Quote from: chaaargerb on January 20, 2017, 03:11:22 PM
Hey if you got enough to go around I would also be interested in some new clips. You see what mine look like. :cheers:

ok, sounds good.   I recall a bag of 40-50 of them.  I'll let you know...

rickroadrunner

Thanks guys, appreciate your help.
I guess there are many different clips that would work, but I would like to get the assembly of the nose cone correct
Odcics2, if you find those clips, would love to buy a set to finish my nose cone.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: rickroadrunner on January 25, 2017, 05:23:42 AM
I guess there are many different clips that would work, but I would like to get the assembly of the nose cone correct
Odcics2, if you find those clips, would love to buy a set to finish my nose cone.

There's also 2 different screws used as well on Birds, both Philips, both dome head, 1 has the standard bevel/angle under the head, the other is flat under the head

odcics2

Quote from: rickroadrunner on January 25, 2017, 05:23:42 AM

Nothing, so far. 

rickroadrunner

These clips were with the disassembled nose cone.
They look like they are the correct ones for the grill. They are very shallow, whereas the other ones shown look to long to fit correctly.
I'm not 100% sure. Any comments. Any ideas of a source for correct clips?

rickroadrunner

Still chasing clips. These clips came with the nosecone and suit the install of the drill perfectly. They need to be very shallow.
I cant see hoe a standard type clip would work effectively as the edge would be seen through the grill mesh.
I would assume Daytona must have used the same clips. Can anybody confirm this?

62 Max

Quote from: rickroadrunner on March 13, 2017, 05:41:45 AM
Still chasing clips. These clips came with the nosecone and suit the install of the drill perfectly. They need to be very shallow.
I cant see hoe a standard type clip would work effectively as the edge would be seen through the grill mesh.
I would assume Daytona must have used the same clips. Can anybody confirm this?

I would assume you are not using those screws ! :scratchchin:

rickroadrunner

Yes, Screws temporary, just trial fitting everything.
I have just done a bit more research and found an article written by David Patik, who says the Daytona grill clips are unique. The Daytona and Superbird clips look the same.
I assume, unless you have an original, unmolested nose cone, you need to somehow find NOS clips, or use non correct clips , or fabricate a clip that will work.