News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fiamm 12V 'Dixie Land' Air Horn - HELP! Which hose goes where!

Started by STIG, December 30, 2012, 04:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STIG

Hey guys,

So, I've just swapped over the trumpets to new ones and guess what, I forgot to mark which colour goes to which plug on the compressor. PROBLEM IS there are 7 different plugs, there are only 5 horns and the plugs are numbered as opposed to colour coded like the rings on the horns. The compressor was already there in the first place, so I don't have the diagram... would anyone know if there's somewhere I can find it?

If anyone is using these horns or knows what the numbers mean in relation to the colours, please, please chime in and help me out! I can't figure out which hose goes where!

Much appreciated.

1969 Dodge Charger 'General Lee', 440 Six-Pack, Genuine Big Block, R/T SE

From way down South in the land of Kiwis.

68 CHARGER R/T

not really sure what the extra two are for but i found one diagram

JB400

STIG

Cheers for that diagram, still though, I think I may have worked out what the numbers mean so I'll let you know once I've given it a try. If not, I'll just have to wait a few more days until my new kit arrives! Better be a good neighbor and wait until at least 8 am until I start blasting the horn on this fine Monday morning though  :icon_smile_big:

Brightyellow69rtse

i didnt know there was a dixie horn that had more then 5 trumpets. ive always used the jc whitney 5 trumpes ones with great results.  if its playing a little slow up the guage on the ground wire. it speeds it right up.

STIG

Yeah, I ended up getting it working after all. 1 & 2 aren't used... so don't know why they are there? haha :scratchchin:

Dino

Quote from: 440 on January 04, 2013, 08:49:38 AM
Now to   :stirthepot:

Does your horn play 11 notes or 12?

Say what?  There's an 11 note version?  Which one was dropped?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Yeah  ;D  12 notes is correct but most horns only play 11. The missing note is the very first one.

STIG

Haha, it plays 12 of course! I'm not out to embarrass myself!

Just bought a new set though, I'll put this current setup in the H2 for when towing the General  :icon_smile_big: The missing note is usually the last one I believe?

Here's what the new ones will sound like - it's close enough anyway (though note 6 or 7 is a bit high): http://www.syuanen.com.tw/SOUND/AIRHORNS/SN-5MH/5MH-1.wav

Cooter

Quote from: 440 on January 04, 2013, 05:13:10 PM
Yeah  ;D  12 notes is correct but most horns only play 11. The missing note is the very first one.

Yeah, I got hung with one of those back in HS in 1987.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"