News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TV show Emergency shows a Daytona on the street

Started by BB1, January 08, 2013, 08:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB1

1st season eposode "Weird Wensdays" shows a orange 69 Daytona parked on the street.

Show is from 1972  :popcrn: on Netflix
Delete my profile

TruckDriver

I remember a episode where a guy had a Richard Petty 3rd Gen Charger, and rolled it and they had to get him out of the car.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69 OUR/TEA

I do beleive on the opening credits,they pass a 68 charger pulling over to the side of the road for them,maybe can be found on you tube.

hemigeno

Indygenerallee

Looks like they used white masking tape to cover the word "DAYTONA" on the tail stripe. I take it they did this for copyright usages???
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

BB1

Na, you can clearly see the word Daytona, it's only on screen for a split second.

I watch old tv shows all the time, love the old iron driving around back then. Reminds me of my child hood. Sniffed a lot of leaded gas back then.  :P
Delete my profile

Indygenerallee

Why is it white then??? Should be orange letters?
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

hemigeno

Quote from: Indygenerallee on January 10, 2013, 08:24:58 AM
Should be orange letters?

Yes, the tailstripe had cutouts for the letters, which means the characters would be body color just as you thought.

People did some strange stuff to their cars back then, and someone painting the "DAYTONA" letters white is pretty mild - all things considered.

Quote from: BB1 on January 10, 2013, 07:09:27 AM
I watch old tv shows all the time, love the old iron driving around back then. Reminds me of my child hood. Sniffed a lot of leaded gas back then.  :P

Me too!

Todd Wilson

Lets see some more of that Sweptline Dodge fire truck in the background!

Todd

maxwellwedge

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

AKcharger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 10, 2013, 11:44:41 AM

Give him 10cc of Ringers Lactate - Stat!!  :lol:

I tell my wife that whenever she has a headache  :smilielol:

wingcar

I remember at least one episode of Adam 12 where they clearly taped over the Mustang lettering on the back of what I believe was a '69 Mach 1.  Like people wouldn't know it was a Mustang after they covered the lettering......  What's really funny, is that if you watch many of the earlier shows, the same '67 (?) Mustang couple appears numerous times in the background.....and, Martin Milner: Officer Pete Malloy even used it as his personal vehicle in several episodes.....................

I love both Adam 12 and Emergency as I grown up in Southern California and it's neat to see how California use to look like, not to mention seeing all the old cars in the background....many of which you never see on the road anymore......
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

bsakal

I watched that show religiously as a kid. Reruns are on everyday on a local station.

Station 51, KMG 365
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

squeakfinder

Emergency is on MeTV at 5pm in these parts....

http://www.metvnetwork.com/schedule.php       
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

F8-4life

Yes metv is what I usually tune into, emergancy is on at 5 and I usually catch the riflemen @ 6. Its the only free station worth watching.