News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

sunroof seals

Started by cordoba76, January 21, 2013, 11:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

can any tell me where i can sunroof seal

76cordoba
0 (0%)
76charger
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

cordoba76

:brickwall: I am restoring a 76 Cordoba, i know its not a charger but it is the same body as a 76 charger. I have been trying to find the seals for the sunroof and cant find them, and was hoping someone on here could tell me where to get it. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Dino

I'm assuming they are not repro'd but that doesn't mean you can't get hold of it.  Do you have the original seal still?  All you'd need is a small piece so you have a profile and dimensions, there's online places you can buy seals by the foot and I'm sure there's something out there that will work.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

cordoba76

i do have a small piece of it left but most of it was already broke apart but i couldnt get the local body shop to find a match they can get something close but i was kind of hoping i could find oem style, but i am in the middle of nowhere so not to many options, if i am not mistaken i think it is the same roof as the early 70's charger

Dino

Quote from: cordoba76 on January 21, 2013, 11:59:39 AM
i do have a small piece of it left but most of it was already broke apart but i couldnt get the local body shop to find a match they can get something close but i was kind of hoping i could find oem style, but i am in the middle of nowhere so not to many options, if i am not mistaken i think it is the same roof as the early 70's charger

Probably the same yes, no point in redesigining something that already works.  Sunroof seals should be quite similar on many makes and models by the way.

Check out Jaak's 69 resto thread as I recall he had a link in there for an online place that had just about any type of seal you could imagine and then some.  He ordered the window channel seals from them.  Their website has cross section views with measurements so it should be easy to find what you need. 

Good luck!

cordoba76

thank you very much i will check that out, your help is greatly appreciated.

Dino

Quote from: cordoba76 on January 21, 2013, 12:05:45 PM
thank you very much i will check that out, your help is greatly appreciated.

You're most welcome.

moparjohn

Hey, try Jimmy Boros, 763-229-6888.   I got mine for my 69 Charger from him.  He's in the know on sunroof stuff.  MPJ
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!