News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paging Doug (Aero426)

Started by A383Wing, February 14, 2013, 04:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

Got a clue as to where this was taken? Looks to be a 66 and a Daytona at the same track

Bryan (if someone else knows, feel free to chime in)

odcics2

69 National 500 at Charlotte is my guess.  The car is a 67, ex Ray Fox Charger. 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

hemigeno

It does appear to be the 1969 race at Charlotte, held on October 12, 1969.  For sure, that's the James Hylton Daytona - which he sold to Tab Prince prior to the start of the 1970 racing season... the same car Tab was killed in during one of the qualifying races for the '70 Daytona 500.  The #37 1stGen Charger was listed as a 1967, owned by Ray Fox and driven by Dr. Don Tarr.  Hylton finished 11th, and Dr. Tarr finished 9th according to http://racing-reference.info/race/1969_National_500/W

odcics2

Dug this photo up...
Note the guard rail.

Aero426

Yes, it's Charlotte, fall race of '69.   But you all knew that.   They had not quite figured out the tire situation on the Daytonas and the Fords won this round.  

Because of the three year eligibility rule, you could run a 1967 body until the end of 1969.    

I think the #48 started out with a '66 Charger skin and was updated as a '68/9 later. 

moparstuart

its the hylton chassis still with up 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

Quote from: moparstuart on February 14, 2013, 05:46:12 PM
its the hylton chassis still with up 

Bill Rossi believes his car is that one. 

There are some pics of the Prince car after the accident.   I think the dashboard in there is a 66-7 style, but I have not seen high res pics to tell for sure.   Ingo Giske on Facebook has them. 

A383Wing

I also just noticed that there are no vent wing windows in the Daytona  :shruggy:

Bryan

odcics2

Side glass was optional at that time, at the drivers discretion. 
It was banned in mid March, 1970 for racing. You could still use it for qualifying or special sanctioned speed runs.
A little later it was banned for qualifying, too.