News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I UNBROKE my "POS Pedal Car" Today

Started by Sledge57, August 06, 2005, 08:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sledge57

Well today I got the driveshaft back from Dynotech. Basically they told me it was a mess and they weren't surprised it broke the tailshaft   :flame:

It didn't have the solid 1350 U-joints (it does now ) (it had hollow 1350's just not drilled for the fittings) the u-joints were set too loose (they told me different thickness clips are available to set the joints properly) the driveshaft had over .050 runout in the center (their spec is less than .010) it had a tiny washer welded to it to balance it (wasn't even close to in balance).

They put it on the balancer after straightening it and at 3000 rpms they said it about shook the machine to pieces   :rotz:

Anyway got it back all done properly ($118 and that included $40 for the new U joints) put it in and ..................... IT'S A NEW CAR   Feels almost as smooth as my new Pacifica at 70 mph. I could tell after I hit 15mph that things were better.   :icon_smile_big:

So A big   :2thumbs: to 727jim and to Dynotech. They both gained a new customer this week   
Doug
POS Pedal Car
Best to Date: 11.93 @ 113.41

POS Pedal Car Vid

MoparYoungGun

Cool, I'm glad to hear you got it fixed Doug :cheers: !

Ghoste

morepower

1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105

firefighter3931

Where are the burnout pics....you need to test those new parts !   :devil: Glad to hear the peddal car is up n runnin.   :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Sledge57

I need to get someone to do the pics and video. Took it on the freeway today and hit ~ 115mph  :devil:
Was as SMOOTH as a new car  :2thumbs:
Doug
POS Pedal Car
Best to Date: 11.93 @ 113.41

POS Pedal Car Vid

Chryco Psycho