News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hydraulic clutch

Started by dodgeboy67, February 15, 2006, 12:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgeboy67

i was involved with a 4 speed hump replacement on another board recently.i was wondering if anybody out there has ever tried putting a hydraulic clutch in ???im definately going to a 4 speed in my 67, just cant decide what kind of clutch to use

in a couple of weeks ill be able to start working on the beast, so im trying to gather as much info as i can before i start

Chryco Psycho

I have set up & run both the McLeod & Tilton hyd clutch systems , I like the McLeod one better , it is easier to set up & adjust
I can recommend using a McLeod B&B or B&B/Long style clutch , I do not recommend Diaphragm style such as Centerforce & Luk   

dodgeboy67

thank you sir...........do you feel this swap is worth the time and money ?or should i spend the cash elsewhere, and keep the regular setup?

Rolling_Thunder

I installed a hydraulic clutch system in my Charger recently...     very smooth and very...   fluid.  it is a very nice system...   I mounted it in place of the clutch pushrod so it was out of the way...    worked out very well
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

471_Magnum

Quote from: dodgeboy67 on February 20, 2006, 12:20:48 PM
thank you sir...........do you feel this swap is worth the time and money ?or should i spend the cash elsewhere, and keep the regular setup?

The advantages of the hydraulic set-up is that it typically reduces pedal effort, and it is easier to "package" since you have only a hydraulic line to contend with, rather than all the normal linkage.

If either of these is a major concern, go with the hydraulic.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

COKE

I,m also planning to install a hid.sistem.
What kind of sistem did you mount? Hidraulic Fork(Kesler tipe) or slave cilinder?
I don,t know any kit with  an slave cilinder,alll the converions on mopars that  i have seen are adapting hidrulick parts from modern cars and trucks.
69´Charger R/T,440 ,4-speed,Dana 60 3.55.

dodgeboy67