News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stock Rocker Arms 1967 440

Started by ScatPacker, February 11, 2013, 01:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScatPacker

Hello all

i have a quick question i am rebuilding a 67 440 out of a coronet R/T the engine was redone back around 1998 it has Silv-O-Lite 1263 .40 over  inside the skirt was a stamped manufacture date. My question is all the rocker arms are stamped TE10 but one which is stamped TE9. The shafts are not galled, and the rockers don't exceed 0.003 clearance on the shaft. The tips are shiny and smooth except for one which has a slight indentation off center. there was 1 bent pushrod stupid me did not organize them, i was planing to replace them all. Not sure if the indented rocker a (TE10) is associated with the bent pushrod due to a stuck valve. That's an issue for later. I also popped the rocker shaft plugs to clean the inside of the shaft with a long brush. The cam installed in this is a Comp 280H Grind with a 480 lift and 280 duration at this time I don't know if stock springs were used on the 906 heads that came with the motor (wish they were 915 that the engine was built with)

Is there a difference between TE10 and TE9?. I would really like to come as close to specs on a 70/71 six pack engine. I have the 6 pack rods and the grind on the cam is very close to a six pack spec. I read the rocker arms were thicker and stronger. Are these still available? Also I thought I read that some 440 Magnum rockers were 1.6 ratio. Down the road i can always upgrade the valve train with the engine in the car.

i know i really should just replace the rockers. what are your thought on this?

The motor had a six pack setup but was sold separately i missed out  :'(

Money is a little tight and rather spend it wisely. The motor is stripped down to a bare block all the brgs Main and rod were clevite 77 .010 with perfect wear all the journals are pristine. i am currently deburring the block. i will have some questions for machine shop work when ready.

Thanks