News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for info on a C500 from Chicago

Started by CornDogsCharger, February 11, 2013, 11:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CornDogsCharger

I'm looking for any information on a 69 C500 that belonged to Len Lulich in Chicago,IL.  The car was originally B5 blue with black interior but was repainted red with a white stripe.  I'm not sure when that was done.  The car is a 440, 4 speed, with a Dana rear end.  Doug said the car was put in his database in 2002, but he never saw the car in person. Does anyone have any info or pictures of the car. Thanks!

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

Dave Kanofsky

I know Lenny pretty well, if that helps any?
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

CornDogsCharger

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on February 12, 2013, 08:43:16 AM
I know Lenny pretty well, if that helps any?

Do you recall anything about the car? I looked over the car and someone has replaced the whole front clip (frame rails, torsion bar crossmember, inner fenders, etc) as a unit. I was wondering if the car was wrecked in the front or rusted.  I'm leaning towards "wrecked" because the rear rails are original and appear to be very solid. I know the hood was replaced, not sure about the fenders, but both doors are '70 and not '69. 

Does anyone recall a B5 hit hard in the front? Even though the car was in Chicago at one point, I'm not sure the car originated from there. It does not shows signs of a typical northern car.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

Dave Kanofsky

I don't recall ever seeing the car, but if you want me to put you in touch with him, PM me your phone # and I will pass it along to him.  He's a good guy.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

69_500

You do not happen to have the vin do you would make it easier to see if I have any info or pics of the car.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Last summer I saw a red 69 Charger 500 going northbound on River Road in Franklin Park near Gene & Judes I had never seen before or since.

CornDogsCharger

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

69_500

Justin when you were looking the car over you did not happen to get a good picture of the fender tag did you? I was sent the info on that car back in 2007 and the couple of pictures I have of the car are not the greatest quality. I can email them to you. Car was also up for sale on eBay back in October of 2009 out of Arizona. Had an opening bid of 90k at the time, with no one taking the plunge.

moparchris

As I was reading this I began to think that this car is in Arizona also.  I've seen it at a couple of shows here and there but have never had a real chance to talk to the owner.  I'm sure it is still here unless the owner moved.  At 90K he'd have to have a stack of $100's in the trunk.

CornDogsCharger

The car is now local (Mississippi) and the previous owner in Arizona did not get $90k.... no where close.  As for the fender tag, it was included with the car.  I do not have a clear picture of it but I decoded it for the current owner.  I'll have to get a pictures next time I get a chance.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

Alaskan_TA

QuoteEven though the car was in Chicago at one point, I'm not sure the car originated from there.

It sold new in IL. Send me an email at sixpak340(at symbol here)att.net & I'll tell you what I know.