News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Guage repair

Started by flyinlow, February 13, 2013, 01:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyinlow

My hat's off to whoever assembled the fuel and temp guages. Can't imagine building these all day. Both have broken wires and the fuel guage wires appear to be twisted together at the bi-metal spring. Any tricks to solder these?

Dino

Quote from: flyinlow on February 13, 2013, 01:15:19 PM
My hat's off to whoever assembled the fuel and temp guages. Can't imagine building these all day. Both have broken wires and the fuel guage wires appear to be twisted together at the bi-metal spring. Any tricks to solder these?

Haven't tried that yet but did order a used gauge off ebay for a few bucks, they're basically all the same so you can use any gauge housing and transplant the gauge face.  Since you have nothing to lose, try a dab of solder but keep it small.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

A383Wing

If I remember, they were not soldered, they were kinda "arc" welded

Bryan

steve817

Hello All, The end of the tiny gauge wires are actually "glued" to the bi-metalic strips.  It just has to make contact.  Steve