News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who wants to Megasquirt, full sequential fuel/ spark a 68 charger! This Guy!!

Started by redmist, February 24, 2013, 11:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHITE AND RED 69

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

azfrench

Wow!  That is awesome!  Please put me in for one of the CPS bushings if you ever get that off the ground.  Thank you.  I just finished converting my daughters 65 stang to the 5.0 EFI and I am very impressed with the reliability and performance.  My 68 Charger was going to get a modern 5.7 or 6.1 but I do believe this route you have taken is much more fun.  Thanks for sharing.

Rick
1968 Charger

grnfsh

Glad you've got it out and showing off.

Any news on CPS adapters?

grnfsh

Does anyone have a 3D printer?  Could probably reproduce the adapters pretty quickly with one. Just a thought

redmist

I think I need to source the adapter project to someone else. Life is just full right now. In the last six months, I have put my mom in the ground, bought a foreclosed home, sold existing home, had a baby, started ISO certification at work, and launched a product line...

I am spent folks.

I don't know if ARengineering would be able to do it?

But right now is not a good time for me! I just need.... More time, haha   :cheers:
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

cptjohn

Sorry for the loss of your mom.  Any chance of getting the specs on the adapter sometime?
1970 Charger RT clone in waiting

nihil

Quote from: grnfsh on June 24, 2014, 07:53:49 PM
Does anyone have a 3D printer?  Could probably reproduce the adapters pretty quickly with one. Just a thought

I do, and I've had a blast printing parts for automotive use. I'm not sure it would be the ideal tool for this situation, but if the part were printed in a suitable material, probably a higher grade nylon, it might work. The two things to keep in mind are operating temperature and chemical resistance, so there's probably a suitable filament out there.

That being said, I'd probably sooner turn one on the lathe out of a lump of aluminum.

`68 Charger R/T 440-4
`02 A4 1.8TQMS
`82 RHD 300GD Geländewagen

JimG

Hi Redmist, sorry to hear about your mom and the general busy-ness of life catching up with you.

I've just about got your adapter plagiarized, and I had one question: Have you experienced any oil seeping between the adapter and the CPS, and did you make provisions for any sort of seal or o-ring in this area? In one of your photos, I think I see something black (possibly an o-ring) between the adapter and the horizontal flange of the CPS. I don't think you addressed this in any of your posts.

Take care,

Jim

redmist

My original one had an O-ring designed in it... However I never installed it.

The second one I made also was without O-ring. I have yet to see any oil running up, our, or around the adapter. Even after blasting the car down the track a few times, it's nice and dry!
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

grnfsh

Redmist, I know a few guys with machine shops that could probably take on the job.  I've hesitated to ask them to try and make one out of respect for you. if you don't mind I'm going to see if they can make the adapter as well.  One is a mopar guy so if I show him a pic he may be able to make one.  Do you have specs written down?

grnfsh

Quote from: nihil on June 28, 2014, 02:57:49 PM
Quote from: grnfsh on June 24, 2014, 07:53:49 PM

I do, and I've had a blast printing parts for automotive use. I'm not sure it would be the ideal tool for this situation, but if the part were printed in a suitable material, probably a higher grade nylon, it might work. The two things to keep in mind are operating temperature and chemical resistance, so there's probably a suitable filament out there.

That being said, I'd probably sooner turn one on the lathe out of a lump of aluminum.

I kind of figured a machined unit out of Aluminum would be better, was just an idea.

redmist

Anyone can make one, I am not tied to the idea in any way... Heck if people start building them, perhaps other ideas will form!

I can't give specs for it, as it is under company policy.

But yes, build away folks!

grnfsh

Quote from: redmist on June 29, 2014, 08:17:34 PM
Anyone can make one, I am not tied to the idea in any way... Heck if people start building them, perhaps other ideas will form!

Understood.  thanks dude!

JimG

Quote from: grnfsh on June 29, 2014, 09:19:18 PM
Quote from: redmist on June 29, 2014, 08:17:34 PM

Understood.  thanks dude!

GRNFSH, I'll be happy to share the specs of the one I came up with on my own from looking at Redmist's unit... if he's cool with it, that is.

Mine has not yet been put into a running engine, but it has been in two different spare 440 short blocks in my shop.

grnfsh

redmist

Have at it kids!

Like I said, I would rather someone who has the time to make this happen, make it happen! I am excited that people are so interested in it, and it worked out so well. That's enough for me.   :2thumbs:

grnfsh

redmist

shawge

Hey redmist, about the wiring for the Jeep CPS.  Is this what you came up with?

Looking into the connector: ( 1  2  3 )
Pin 1, signal output (Tan/Yellow wire)
Pin 2, ground (Black/Light blue wire)
Pin 3, +5v supply (Orange wire)

redmist

grnfsh

Hey you guys see this from Mallory?  It has a crank and cam sensor.  It would eliminate the need to make the CPS adapter too. It is however a lot more expensive and they don't make it for Mopars yet.

http://www.jegs.com/images/photos/600/650/650-77100D.gif

redmist

I don't think it has enough points to successfully run an MS Unit. 36-1 would be the smallest I would use. That distributor would replace the "Flying Magnet" 8 point systems found for the MSD Ignitions. and the likes.

Hell would freeze over before they offered an RB/B version as well, ha!

grnfsh

Quote from: redmist on October 24, 2014, 07:37:44 PM
I don't think it has enough points to successfully run an MS Unit. 36-1 would be the smallest I would use. That distributor would replace the "Flying Magnet" 8 point systems found for the MSD Ignitions. and the likes.

Hell would freeze over before they offered an RB/B version as well, ha!

Yeah, I know, even though a mopar distributor would be one of the easiest to do it on.  Speaking of that. Would the MSD Flying magnet work with the MS?