News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who wants to Megasquirt, full sequential fuel/ spark a 68 charger! This Guy!!

Started by redmist, February 24, 2013, 11:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redmist

Here is the settings on my current tune for trigger wheel arrangement.

I am using cam input on the MS3X board. It has a 5V Supply, 5V Ref, and return to sensor ground. Remember that the Jeep sensor is a Hall affect sensor.

Are you using an MS3X Unit??

If you are using the MSD Crank Trigger with the 8 magnets in it, it will not be enough to support full sequential. You will have to go to a 36-1 wheel on the crank.

JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

MechTech

Thanks redmist for the quick reply. I did not know there is a 5vref on the MS3X board I had been looking over the DIY info and had not seen that. So on the MS3X card do you have JP7 jumpered did you do anything with either of the 2 pots on the board? I am using a MS3X card one of the steps I had taken from batch firing to sequential is that I put that board in for a second O2 sensor and then I set up the MegaSquirt to handle timing. I had emailed with DIY and they indicated that 4 flying magnets would work with full sequential but Ive come to understand that a 36-1 wheel is more accurate so I am in the process of having one made. So is it your experience that 8 flying magnets wont work at all?

MechTech

Thanks again redmist I connected the 5v input of the sensor to the 5vref going to throttle position sensor and I am getting a cam signal along with my crank signal now.

redmist

JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

JimG

Just got my new Mopar Action in the mail yesterday.

redmist

Well there is my Prototype bushing... I was wondering what they were going to do with it. Did they give me any credit for it??  :nana:

I had to build another one to get my car running again. haha.

grnfsh

Quote from: redmist on December 19, 2014, 11:46:16 PM
Well there is my Prototype bushing... I was wondering what they were going to do with it. Did they give me any credit for it??  :nana:

I had to build another one to get my car running again. haha.

Looks familiar

redmist

I sent them an E-mail...

I am kinda bummed out, I wish they would have at least ran the article past me before publishing it. It doesn't mention me or my shop at all. It technically puts me at risk at my job since it's technical data that I distributed (an actual part!) It would have been nice to be kept in the loop. That part they have in the article technically belongs to 2A-Armament.

JimG

I was a little disappointed as well. As a subscriber to MA for over two decades, Rick Ehrenberg has given credit in the past when someone else was a major contributor to an article or even  an idea. He's a sharp guy for sure and I've used much of the content from his articles on my car, but no one person can come up with EVERY good idea, and I think everyone understands that. Credit where credit is due!

Maybe he'll do the right thing in part two of the article. It'll be the first thing I look for when it hits my mailbox.

MechTech

Hi Redmist
I need to thank you again. I was struggling with getting my car to start after I put the 36 tooth wheel on. Then finally I looked at your post on page 8 where you posted your .msg I opened that up and noticed that you had all noise cancellation turned off. I did that to mine and it fired right up.
Thanks MechTech

peterro

Hi,

I've been working on my implementation of this project. Computer is working on the bench great and I just received my manifold and fuel rails. I've been saving for parts and hope to get the project basically done for this summer.

Today I picked up the CPS/distributor adapter I had made. The sensor I pulled out of a jeep is a bit different than the one in your pictures. The adapter I had made is quite a bit taller than yours. It seems there may a couple different versions of the sensor. We put in a set screw and dimpled the sensor so the original distributor hold down will still work.

Mine has part number 56041020 which is a Cherokee I6 2001-2004. Here's a picture of what I've got. I'm up for having more made if there's interest.

manbearpig

Long time thread stalker here

I wanted to stop by the 2A-Armament booth at SHOT but got sidetracked many times :(
1972 Challenger 383/727

redmist

Interesting on the different sensors!!!

Mine came out of a 2003 TJ. (I literally took it out of my 2003 TJ) to make the first adapter.

Sorry I missed you at SHOT, it was crazy! First time exhibiting our product, and what use to be a week of fun, is now a week of a lot of work! I have been sorta trailing on the car, as I have been focused on 2A so much...

No worries though! I will be back at the car in a month or so.  :nana:

As far as the noise suppression.....   I have never played with it, haha I just learned something from my own thread! Awesome stuff!

MechTech

Now that I have the motor running full sequential I updated the picture of my motor. When I was running the motor with an 850 carb this car ran 11.30s When I set it up with the pictured intake and batch fuel injection I ran as fast as 10.92. I,m hoping to get into the 10.80 with the full sequential.

manbearpig

Quote from: redmist on January 26, 2015, 09:49:13 PM
Interesting on the different sensors!!!

Mine came out of a 2003 TJ. (I literally took it out of my 2003 TJ) to make the first adapter.

Sorry I missed you at SHOT, it was crazy! First time exhibiting our product, and what use to be a week of fun, is now a week of a lot of work! I have been sorta trailing on the car, as I have been focused on 2A so much...

No worries though! I will be back at the car in a month or so.  :nana:

As far as the noise suppression.....   I have never played with it, haha I just learned something from my own thread! Awesome stuff!

Do you guys need a CAD drafter/Cerakoter/Gunsmith?  :icon_smile_big:  :rofl:
1972 Challenger 383/727

redmist

manbearpig

This was posted over on Cuda-Challenger

"Just a heads up, Jerry at Superior Design Concepts (Jerry on moparts, jerry@sdconcepts.com, http://www.sdconcepts.com) is making the Jeep CPS adapters for LA, B, and RB engines.  He quoted me $35 + shipping for the B version.  The other adapters should have similar pricing."

So I ordered up a B and RB adapter
1972 Challenger 383/727

Rolling_Thunder

Hey Redmist - good work on the R&D

Sorry I missed you at Shot show...    the USAF had determined my presence was needed in the sandbox instead.  :shruggy:

I'll find you at the next one. 

Also - kick ass job on the EDIS sensor mount - way better than what I had    :rofl:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

sdconcepts

I've been trying to reply to this thread, lets see if this works.  I'm trying to post pics of the adapters so everyone can see them.   this is for the RB,  we also make them for small block and the b engine blocks as well.  price is $35.00 plus shipping.  these have been hot this week I've got some left. 

redmist

They look good guys, You need to get a point of sales setup on a web page someplace.

Click

Add to cart

Done!

manbearpig

1972 Challenger 383/727

manbearpig

Quote from: sdconcepts on February 02, 2015, 06:18:02 PM
I've been trying to reply to this thread, lets see if this works.  I'm trying to post pics of the adapters so everyone can see them.   this is for the RB,  we also make them for small block and the b engine blocks as well.  price is $35.00 plus shipping.  these have been hot this week I've got some left. 

Is it true you guys are working on a crank trigger setup too?
1972 Challenger 383/727

peterro

Weird I never received a notification of a thread update after my previous message. Finally got it today.

In any case, a crank trigger wheel would be great. I also found the oddity with my part. The distributor I used as a pattern was for a 383/400 and not for my 440. It'll work perfectly in my father-in-law's Road Runner though.

I need to call again to make my order. I haven't gotten a call back yet from my first message.

MechTech

Hi Peterro
I'm working on a crank trigger wheel and sensor bracket I have rough versions on my motor they seem to be working OK but i have not taken it to 6500 yet. Hopefully the parts will be available on Ross Machine Racing.com soon. I'm using their throttle body and fuel rails.

peterro

Very cool. Is that intended to be sandwiched between the pulley and the balancer or ?? I'm thinking about belt alignment.

Also another question to redmist. What O2 sensor type/style did you use? I may have missed it in the original conversation.

Thanks.