News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Selling your wing car???

Started by DoubleDlover, March 02, 2013, 04:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WINGIN IT

How do you guys keep an open title on the car and still register and drive it?
Or are you only speaking of cars you buy to flip or projects and don't drive?

JB400

Quote from: WINGIN IT on March 03, 2013, 09:39:28 AM
How do you guys keep an open title on the car and still register and drive it?
Or are you only speaking of cars you buy to flip or projects and don't drive?
Those would only be the ones you flip or the project cars. 

Redbird

Keep your receipts.
Keep your costs logged on a spreadsheet.

If you have had a real car over say a 10-20 year period you will most likely owe capital gains.

Inventing your own tax code just because you are special, what could possibly go wrong? Or really why wouldn't it go wrong?

Sports Car Market Magazine (SCM) has had a number of articles on tax issues with selling cars, estate issues, and the like. SCM has also written on the capital gains vs. collectable issue. Educate your self and also hire a CPA. If you have a business you probably already have a CPA, or you should.

Kismgby

I know a guy who bought a Charger for $10K and the "spare parts" for another $30K at the seller's "garage sale". 

pettybird

Quote from: Kismgby on March 06, 2013, 03:16:41 PM
I know a guy who bought a Charger for $10K and the "spare parts" for another $30K at the seller's "garage sale".  

Rumor has it that's how we bought Marty.  We wrote a parts receipt for the seller's asking price, and were delighted to see just how well they were all bolted together before we got there   :lol:

Kismgby

Isn't that kinda how you bring home a bag of nuts/bolts....fixed together so you don't lose 'em?

mauve66

i charge $100 hr labor and i've been working on this car for the past 20 years come May, no question about the loss/profit margin here :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

pettybird

Quote from: Kismgby on March 06, 2013, 04:16:45 PM
Isn't that kinda how you bring home a bag of nuts/bolts....fixed together so you don't lose 'em?

Well, he was gonna tie them all together with string, but he ran out, so...