News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do the ignition bezel and antenna nut use the same size spanner socket?

Started by bull, March 04, 2013, 01:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Been looking at getting a new ignition bezel but would prefer to have a nice spanner socket to install it so I don't scuff it up. I don't have a Charger antenna nut to compare it to so I'm wondering if both of them use the same tool?

bill440rt

I'm thinking the ignition bezel is larger than the antenna bezel.
A 90* pair of needle nose pliers wrapped in tape or a rag has worked for me.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bull

Black tape might be good. :scratchchin: Or maybe I'll be making my own spanner tool.

bill440rt

I used either masking tape or duct tape. Less slippery than electrical tape.
Just needed something to protect the tips of the pliers from scratching.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

A383Wing

90* snap ring pliers work well too...the ones that have the little tips that go onto the holes for collapsing the snap rings

Bryan

bull

Quote from: A383Wing on March 04, 2013, 09:03:51 PM
90* snap ring pliers work well too...the ones that have the little tips that go onto the holes for collapsing the snap rings

Bryan

Yes, I have a pair of those. :2thumbs: