News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Warped Plastic Grill

Started by Sendero, February 18, 2006, 10:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sendero

Some time ago ( old DC site) I posted a inquiry to repair a warped Grille ( 1970 ) . The general consensus was to use COLD. Basically to clamp the effected area flat with ICE COLD bars to shrink the plastic. In this specific case it had no effect. So I assume a metal bar glued to the plastic will forcibly strighten it out. Does anyone know of a glue that will bond to the plastic and metal? If you have a different idea..I am all ears.

daytonakid

Hi, I've straighten many plastic parts with heat. You need to be careful not to melt or burn it. Sometime a large heat lamp like a body shop would have to heat it when hot straighten it out hold it somehow in the postion you want it cool it or let it cool. Might take a couple times but I think you'll be surprised at the results.  Also 3m's 8115 will bond metal and plastic. Bill
Owner East Portland Auto Body www.eastportlandautobody.com

Mike DC

I've also straightened my grille with some heat. 

It was a SLIGHT correction.  I used a normal hardware store's heat gun (the kind of thing used for stripping house paint).  It was nerve-racking, but it worked.