DodgeCharger.com Forum
September 01, 2014, 01:31:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DodgeCharger.com decals are available here!

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TEXTURED ORGANISOL BLACK OR SATIN BLACK  (Read 1591 times)
towman

« on: January 18, 2007, 04:06:25 PM »

im building a 69 charger and i have asked a 4 or 5 people and got 4 or 5 answers. i had always thought it was satin black then i saw lee1 at an auto show in indy last month and it has the organisol textured black and it looks good. but i called www.totallyautoinc.com about geting some and they claim to be expert's and from their web page that looks to be ture . but when i look in www.autocolorlibray.com the ppg chart it says area between the tail lights on a charger organisol black ? witch is right?

satin black

organisol textured black
Lord Warlock
Old Timer

Off to college w/o her, been together ever since!

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 07:15:13 PM »

Mines always been textured looking, never shiny, mine is still all original with factory coating.  Kind of hard to squeeze back there with a camera right now. 

69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.
JimShine
Old Timer

My Karma ran over your Dogma.

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 11:19:16 PM »

In this thread http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,17964.0.html

We see paperwork stating that St. Louis cars get low gloss black and the rest get Organosol. Lee1 was a Hamtramck car, so Organosol is correct no matter what.

On the 69 registry site we see a generic service bulletin stating Organosol only.

Note how the first sheet is dated 5-1968 and the second 1-1969. It is likely the bulletin below reflected a revision.

towman

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 10:19:02 PM »

thanks JIM SHINE i knew you knew but like i said the paint place acted like i was a nut they said they were experts, but i know you are the expert i knew before i made this post, but anyway now others will know so they have the chance to can get it right if they want to im glad i met you JIM and found out about this before i painted mine. thank you
resq302
Old Timer

Whats black and white and red all over.......

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 10:44:48 PM »

Be careful with what you hear from Totally Auto, Inc. as when I called for their black organisol spray can, the lady who was on the phone got into an arguement with me stating that 68-70 Chargers were a smooth semi flat black when I was looking at the Tech Service Bulletin right as I was talking to her.  That was the one and only time that I have ordered from them.

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto
JimShine
Old Timer

My Karma ran over your Dogma.

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 02:22:41 AM »

It was great to meet you man! Hey, extra research is a good thing! Now you have factory paperwork supporting what was used, so you have an edge.

We used autocolorlibrary.com to get the Organosol. If you really have to have a spray can, just buy a pint of Organosol and use a Preval spray unit available at Home Depot. It is an aerosol unit you fill with regular paints and spray. I used it for a few small parts on my car when I didn't want to get the gun dirty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: