News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Interior rear-view mirror

Started by SpudRacer, September 10, 2005, 09:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpudRacer

The rear view mirror that came with my 69 when I bought it  had the passenger-side sin visor slot crimped down to secure the passenger visor after the plastic tip wore down to a nub.  I ordered a replacement mirror and bracket from a forum member, and the bracket and stem for the rear view mirror looks different from the one that came with the car.

Can somebody PLEASE snap a simple and quick photo of their 69 rear view mirror stack from the side showing it extending from the bracket down to the mirror so I know which one to restore, the old one or the new one I just got in the mail?

Thanks a lot guys...
Tom
Bryson City, NC
69' Charger R/T SE Turquoise

B5 Charger

I was about to ask the same question.  I need to restore the correct '69 mirror in my Charger but I threw the original in a pile of mirrors so now I can't remember which on is correct.

SpudRacer

I'll snap a photo of each tonight and post, hopefully one kind forum member will help us identify which is the correct one.

Tom
Tom
Bryson City, NC

B5 Charger

Tom,

I am going to the Eldorado Charger meet this weekend.  I'll take along the digital camera and hunt down a mirror for us.  I should be able to post a pic on Sunday.  That is unless somebody beats me to the punch.   :icon_smile_cool:

SpudRacer

I'll try again tonight to snap a shot of the two I have now.

This weekend, time to pull out the Brute for the Pigeon Forge, TN Annual Fall Rod Run.  Imagine a thousand customized muscle cars, all cruising for 2 days straight.  Heaven on pump gas!

Tom
Tom
Bryson City, NC

SpudRacer

OK, here's the photos of the two interior rear view mirrors that I have.  Can somebody please tell me which one is the correct one for a 69 Charger R/T SE??
Tom
Bryson City, NC

SpudRacer

Or this one??
Tom
Bryson City, NC

694spdRT

I am 99% sure my '69 R/T has one like your second picture. I can't tell you if or why an SE would have something else.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

SpudRacer

I believe the SE has the same as the non-SE.  Thanks for your input.  If anyone else disagrees, speak up now or forever hold your ...

Tom
Tom
Bryson City, NC

694spdRT

Ok

I checked my '69 R/T and it is the same as the 2nd picture. The one in the 1st picture is the same as my dad's '71 R/T. Not sure if that is the correct application, but it is in there.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Ghoste

Blatantly ripped off from Paul Herd's Charger restoration book...

"Inside Mirror, 1968-69
       One prismatic mirror, part number 2935490 was used both years... However several different brackets were used.   In 1968...chrome plated...part number 2935129.
       In 1969, two...brackets were used.   Hardtops and coupes... part number 2945208.   This bracket was painted Aluma-Hide Silver, convertibles used chrome."

I think the second pic is right as well.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Mine has the second one....
I have seen the first one in 68's
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

SpudRacer

Thanks for all the reply's.  I now have the correct mirror on the car.

Tom
Tom
Bryson City, NC