News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Charger Discussion / Re: '71 R/T for $5000 CDN ($3,...
Last post by Drache - Today at 12:30:50 PM
Quote from: doctor4766 on Yesterday at 09:58:39 PMExcuse my ignorance on later models, but is that even a Charger VIN?

Body Type:   W  =  Dodge Coronet / Charger
Price Class:   S  =  Special
Body Type:   23  =  2 Door Hardtop
Engine:   U  =   440 1 – 4 Barrel (8 Cylinder)
Year:   1  =  197I
Sequence Number: 25573  =  25573rd Vehicle Built
Off Topic Discussion / Re: What have you broken while...
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 12:29:25 PM
If you live on the couch, you never make mistakes nor do you enjoy success.
The guys that are out there living are the ones that get things done.
Services/Businesses / March 28th - West Coast Enclo...
Last post by Trulyvintage - Today at 12:10:05 PM
March 28th

West Coast direct enclosed transport available
from Seattle, Washington and the surrounding area
down to San Diego, California

20 feet - 6000 pounds - 82 inch rear door

Call Jim @ 260-804-6695

Vehicle must roll freely on good tires
Steering must be connected
Charger Discussion / Re: Don's 69 Charger Rust Belt...
Last post by mopar4don - Today at 11:55:12 AM
Here are a couple more pics showing the dented area

P2024mar28h.jpg

P2024mar28i.jpg 
Charger Discussion / Re: Don's 69 Charger Rust Belt...
Last post by mopar4don - Today at 11:51:50 AM
Here is a long overdue update!

My deck lid needs some more attention, so I used a stud gun and pulled out a dent.
These 3 pics are what I have showing the process

P2024mar28a.jpg

P2024mar28b.jpg

P2024mar28c.jpg

So next I wanted to strip it to be sure there were no surprises!
I used a heat gun and putty knife to get the majority of the filler.
Then followed that with a wire wheel.

P2024mar28d.jpg

P2024mar28e.jpg

P2024mar28f.jpg

P2024mar28g.jpg

Overall its good. It just had a lot of filler   
Quote from: Dino on March 23, 2024, 08:11:59 PMI always wanted to try a Holley Street Demon as I ran a TQ and wanted to emulate it, without the tuning hassle. I ended up with EFI on the Charger, but when I bought a 76 Gran Torino last year I bolted one on, and it has exceeded my expectations. It's a fantastic carb. Give it a shot.

Any pics of the 76 Grand Torino? I had one back in the 80's, had a 351 engine. It was red with black buckets, red piping on the seats. Really cool car.
I have the comp cam 274, it makes 500hp and 556 torque. Eddy heads and eddy RPM intake. TTI 1/7/8 headers. Very good street manners.
A few years back, right around this time of year I wanted to take the Charger on a quick drive during my lunch break (I work from home). It was barely warmed up when I started flogging it and during a 1-2 shift I heard a strange noise from under the hood followed by tons of smoke.  I pulled over and saw that my Thermostat housing failed big time and coolant was spraying everywhere. What a mess but it ended up being the cheap chrome housing I had that warped. I replaced it since with a billet/o ring deal that has been flawless since.

Right after I had the car painted, no bumpers, lights etc I thought it was a good idea to take my young son around the block, but in my excitement I forgot to put the bungie cord I had holding the hood down temporarily and when I  gave the throttle a quick stab, the hood started to fly up on me. I braked while this was happening but the hood still managed to bend badly.

This was my original hood that was perfectly straight with no rust that I had hanging on my ceiling to keep it safe only to be destroyed in seconds due to my dumbass.   I ended bending the hood back, welding in some supports and then having the painter re shoot it.  THe painter felt bad for me and painted it for free (I had left over paint) and even drove to my garage with his UV light to make sure he had a perfect match. 

The hood is still not right, doesnt sit flat on the sides where it meets the fender so my plan is to buy another one in the future but I also plan on putting my fiberglass 6 pack hood back on for now.
Charger Discussion / Re: Let's talk Chargers, it is...
Last post by timmycharger - Today at 07:25:39 AM
Working on other hobby projects is fun but I finally have some work lined up on my Charger! I just received my driver's side bucket seat track/bracket from Classic Industries.  Since I finished the resto, the seat track has been messed up, it only holds on one side unless you get down there with a screwdriver due to the spring being shot and one of the bearings not rolling as it should.

Ill take some pics when I install that because I plan on playing around with washers under the fronts of the tracks to gain some more reclining action.

I also got my seals for my Strange S60 that has been slowly leaking for 2 years.

Actual work on my Charger about to be done!
It has been a while since I have posted on this project but we just got back at it last weekend.  My son finished his first knife using a must milder piece of steel that was easier to work with to get more experience using the forge.

Now that we have a good handle on how to "tune" the forge, we went back at the torsion bar piece that we tried first and failed.  This time around it was much better.  The forge was working great and we got the torsion bar hot enough to flatten and stretch it to exactly where we wanted.  Having a proper anvil made a huge difference, once we find a final spot for the forge, I plan on getting a tree stump to put the anvil on.

Next step is to shape it. We had to stop because my belt grinder, bench grinder and angle grinder were useless against this beast of a piece of metal.  I just ordered some aluminum oxide materials and will go at it again next week.

Looks like my old Torsion bars will finally turn into something!