News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Aero Cars / Re: Randy's Restomod Daytona o...
Last post by tan top - May 27, 2024, 05:19:35 PM
 clever stuff  nice job :scope:  :yesnod:    :2thumbs:  :cheers:

:popcrn:
Parts & Accessories Wanted / Re: WTB rear short headliner b...
Last post by Gregory - May 27, 2024, 04:33:52 PM
Yes, email me at gregd28@icloud.com or text me at 1 (619) 606-2962
Charger Discussion / Re: DodgeCharger.com PERSPECTI...
Last post by taxspeaker - May 27, 2024, 04:18:44 PM
Quote from: held1823 on May 22, 2024, 08:21:05 AMI bet he's the life of any party. Allen V. offered him the build sheet for one of his cars for free years ago and he was less than enthused about reuniting it with the car. Not sure that he ever did.

It took this thread for me to even look at what my title says. I feel almost special now.
Ernie, you are special. My wife said that when you were at the shop the 2 of us ate more chocolate chip cookies than anyone in history and she was calling Guinness.
Charger Discussion / Re: Let's talk Chargers, it is...
Last post by Kern Dog - May 27, 2024, 03:07:08 PM
Quote from: 6pkrtse on February 21, 2024, 07:33:23 AMIt is so dead around here these days. Miss all the action. As popular as these cars are. Where is everyone. Let's talk about anything Chargers. Latest pictures, upgrades, purchases anything....
It is so dead, even the moderators stay away.
Charger Discussion / Re: DodgeCharger.com PERSPECTI...
Last post by marshallfry01 - May 27, 2024, 12:19:02 PM
Did he leave already? I guess there wasn't enough room here for his ego.
Car Guys Discussion / Re: Dumb traffic tickets
Last post by 426HemiChick - May 27, 2024, 12:10:04 PM
Quote from: Kern Dog on May 26, 2024, 05:22:39 PMThe wife and I considered a move out of state and I wondered what it might be like to land in a smaller town. I don't know how true it is but I've heard of how the tolerance for "transplants" can be.
It sure would be frustrating to just be out enjoying the day and to have to watch every move. Sometimes the thrill of the ride gets away from you and you're going faster than the limit or cornering harder than the law allows.

I have lived in many states and countries. When doing so, I always view myself as an outsider and try to assimilate. If I don't like the situation where I am, I move on to greener pastures. I moved to Texas in 1979, rented a place in a small burb of Fort Worth and settled in. Six months later we bought a house in Southlake TX, population about 800. It was rural, many ranches, no traffic lights, few stop signs, and few residents.

Don't remember the date but the town started to grow rapidly. I was living and working in Mexico at the time. I'd return home for a week every month. Had a great deal, 12 weeks paid vacation. Every time I came home things were drastically changed from the previous trip. Traffic was up, rural Texas was disappearing, and I didn't much care for it. Eventually I became a cop, enjoyed it, worked with CPS (Child Protective Services) quite a lot. I went along with the CPS Officer as protection for all involved in the case. Why did I do it? Because I knew what it was like to be beaten and knocked around by alcoholic and drugged parents. I saw the lousy side of life. The unfortunate side of this was there was little I could do to help the kids. The courts almost always side with the parents.

Went on to becoming a tree climber (arborist). Did that until my knees gave out preventing me from safely climbing.

Finally realized I no longer fit in the Southlake scheme of things. After 42 years of fighting City Hall, I sold out and moved to Phoenix. Best move I have made. We have two seasons here, Hot and Hotter. Eight inches of rain annually so rust is a scarce commodity. Don't recommend it if you don't like temps 100+. The culture here is very different from what I am used to, but I have grown to like it. It's mixed and we all seem to get along. It's not perfect but what is perfect?

I do know: "We are Home !!!"

Best Always
426 HC's
Interior / Re: Retrosound Redondo radio
Last post by Dino - May 26, 2024, 10:08:20 PM
Those are just stickers and are optional. I set my color to match the blue of the gauges and I can see the digital readout fine.
I have the NVX VAD11005 5 channel amp, mounted in the trunk against the rear seat cross bracing. 6x9 component speakers in the rear deck, tweeters mounted on the dash. Dual voice coil 90 amp Retrosound speaker in the center dash, and 12" sub in the trunk. I haven't taken pictures of the most recent work but will take some tomorrow. I'm about to make panels to clean up the trunk.

20240523_193717.jpg
Off Topic Discussion / Re: When did you last: Pull an...
Last post by Kern Dog - May 26, 2024, 06:57:16 PM
Back on point.
For me, working on these cars is a huge part of why I own them. I would go bonkers if I owned a pristine car that was "finished". I wouldn't be satisfied just washing and driving it.....I have to change things up to stay interested.
The Jigsaw Charger helps with that. I didn't break any new ground there...It is a fairly stock 383, front disc/rear drum and a 3.91 gear.

JS 1C.jpg

It is an ongoing project.

Car Guys Discussion / Re: Dumb traffic tickets
Last post by Kern Dog - May 26, 2024, 05:22:39 PM
The wife and I considered a move out of state and I wondered what it might be like to land in a smaller town. I don't know how true it is but I've heard of how the tolerance for "transplants" can be.
It sure would be frustrating to just be out enjoying the day and to have to watch every move. Sometimes the thrill of the ride gets away from you and you're going faster than the limit or cornering harder than the law allows.
Aero Cars / Re: Randy's Restomod Daytona o...
Last post by Stevearino - May 26, 2024, 02:20:18 PM
I get that. LOL.