News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tuff wheel adapter is same color as the colum right?

Started by AKcharger, May 15, 2006, 06:22:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

This seems normal but all the adapters I've seen are black. for '72 they are painted interior color right?

Thanks

AK

Nacho-RT74

suposselly yes, But I have seen it in black even rest of interior is on different color. Don't know if owner just added and did no matter instal it on that way.

MY car was originally blue on interior and adapter was blue. If interior is two tones then just have to match with rest of column.

BTW, sometime ago I trade with Chargerkid a NOS TUFF wheel adapter for some stuff he had I was interested... ask him if he still have it ;)
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

AKcharger

ScottW

On my 74 with Jade interiror the colunm and adapter are black. But I've seen some that are painted interior color as well, mostly on 71's.

Did you go with the Grant wheel?

1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1974 Dodge Charger SE 360/4v Sunroof

AKcharger

Still working on getting an adapter....wheel doesn't seem to be a problem to find.

Goldfinger71

Hey AK'
Did you find an adapter yet?I see them pretty often on ebay,that's where I got mine from.They usually go for about $50.00 :yesnod:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

ipstrategies

My 71 Tuff wheel adapter is color of column (brown)
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

AKcharger

Quote from: Goldfinger71 on May 23, 2006, 09:16:39 PM
Hey AK'
Did you find an adapter yet?I see them pretty often on ebay,that's where I got mine from.They usually go for about $50.00 :yesnod:

nope but they're not rare I'll get one eventually. I saw one go for over $100!!  how odd, one that closed before that one and after it were around $50...someone got ripped off!