News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ideas of venting stock fiberglass hood

Started by comet_666, June 10, 2020, 09:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

Was looking for some ideas on where to add some venting maybe to where the hood turn signal indicators are on my stock fiberglass hood. When I say stock I mean its just like the steel one but fiberglass.

Thanks!

timmycharger

I used to run a fiberglass hood with a sixpack scoop on my Charger.  I cut out the area around the turn signal indicators are because I wanted to use the stock ones and it ended up ruining my hood. Because I cut out the bracing in that area for the turn signals, it weakened that area and ended up cracking badly.

Just  :Twocents: but I am sure the scoop acting as a parachute amplified the weakness I created by cutting out that area, but who knows.

comet_666

I thought of that too. I don't need to end up having to buy a new hood.

WHITE AND RED 69

I've been wanting to do the same but can't bring myself to cut up my hood. Here's a pic from Autodynamic's car with the hood signal area cut out but his is a steel hood so I'm not sure the differences in the structure. I'm eventually going to do the same but with honeycomb mesh.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster