News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DCS New Door handles at a great price. UPDATE !!

Started by 1969chargerrtse, February 19, 2008, 06:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

I just got these door handles off ebay.  I think they were a great price.  I had no problems installing them and they fit very well.  I do have to trim the door gaskets, but here are some pictures.  The one thing I did not care for was the Company initials on the back side.  I can actually feel it on my fingers when I grasp the handle.  Outside of that I thought the price was great. 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220175394977&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=012
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69chargerboy

My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

Hemidog

nice to know 1969chargerrtse, mine are waiting for installment! 

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Hemidog on February 20, 2008, 04:10:54 PM
nice to know 1969chargerrtse, mine are waiting for installment! 
Well, I can save you a lot of time.  For the life of me I could not get the door lock to work?  After about an 1/2 hour I figured out the swivel assy that comes with the new Handel is not the same length etc.. as my old one.  Long story short.  If you have the old black plastic button, swap that out AND the swivel /ball assy to allow the arm for the lock to fully return to it's relaxed position, other wise even though the door Handel will function, because the thick arm cannot return to it closed position the lock assy cannot lock.  Something like that. :icon_smile_big:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Rolling_Thunder

not a bad price...     I just got a set of door handles for a 1969 Chevelle...     $70.00 for the pair   :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

69_500

:scratchchin: What good is a set of door handles from a 1969 Chevelle going to do you? Even if it was only $70 its a chevy part. IE NO GOOD>  :nana:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69_500 on February 24, 2008, 08:22:03 PM
:scratchchin: What good is a set of door handles from a 1969 Chevelle going to do you? Even if it was only $70 its a chevy part. IE NO GOOD>  :nana:
That's a good point. :smilielol:  At first that bothered me a little, 70.00 when I paid 125.00?  Then I got to thinking what you're saying.  They wouldn't fit the Charger anyway. :lol:

daytonalo

Any longer the Gaskets will double as mud flaps!!! :icon_smile_big:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: daytonalo on February 25, 2008, 06:56:49 PM
Any longer the Gaskets will double as mud flaps!!! :icon_smile_big:
I learned this also.  Don't take the gasket and cut it by hand.  It came out terrible and I had to order another set.  What I did was carefully run a sharp hobby knife along the handle and then just peel it off.