News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

will a body (duster) Dana 60 fit okay for b-body

Started by ACUDANUT, January 25, 2023, 08:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

will a body (duster) Dana 60 fit okay for b-body ??

Alaskan_TA

No Plymouth Duster ever originally came with a Dana 60.

Kern Dog

ACUDANUT

John_Kunkel

The answer is "maybe", need more info like method of mounting and overall width. But a bolt-in? No.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Kern Dog

You are asking if an axle that someone took from another vehicle and stuffed into a Duster would fit a B body.
I'm sure that people here would love to help you but with no specifics, it is impossible to give you an accurate answer.
This axle in the Duster could be from a 1 ton Dually truck and stick out 8 inches past the body on each side. Sure, it fits but it isn't right. No, that wouldn't fit the B body any better than it did the Duster.
If the axle was cut down and narrowed, maybe your question should be : "Would a stock width axle from a Duster work in a B body"?
The "A body" axle widths are approximately 3" narrower than a 68-70 B body. I had a C body axle narrowed to "A" body width for my Charger but later swapped a 66-67 housing in because the "A" body width tucked the rear tires in too far. IF you're starting from scratch, it makes it easier to decide.

b5blue

John_Kunkel

Could be one of these from the seventies, still a lot of them around.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.