News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1/4 trim question

Started by Dmichels, January 20, 2013, 05:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dmichels

So I started putting the 1/4 windows in I started with the outside trim. There is a gap at the rear Am I missing something? Should I use some sealent?
Thanks
Dave

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q777/DaveMichels/IMG_2834_zps0c38eef8.jpg
http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q777/DaveMichels/IMG_2835_zpsbf32484d.jpg
68 440 4 speed 4.10

twodko

Hey Dave,

That gap is there to drain water/rain. If you look under the car in that general area you'll find a corresponding opening in the body panels where the water flows out.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Dmichels

Ok I thought that but it just looks funny
Thanks
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

HeavyFuel

I put those pieces on as well over the weekend.  Be thankful you don't have vinyl. :brickwall:

The left side fit "fairly" tight, and should only let in a trickle of water, but the right side has a large gap, especially under the curve where the belt trim should lay flat.  That gap was disturbing enough that I put in a thin foam dam.

My drip rail on the right side was noticably wider than the left, in the area your pics shows. :shruggy:

It's no wonder some of these cars rusted from the inside out.

Dino

Quote from: HeavyFuel on January 22, 2013, 04:55:42 PM
I put those pieces on as well over the weekend.  Be thankful you don't have vinyl. :brickwall:

The left side fit "fairly" tight, and should only let in a trickle of water, but the right side has a large gap, especially under the curve where the belt trim should lay flat.  That gap was disturbing enough that I put in a thin foam dam.

My drip rail on the right side was noticably wider than the left, in the area your pics shows. :shruggy:

It's a wonder they're still around.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dmichels

thanks for the answers guys
What is that rivet for??
I think I may seal this off with some soft body calk from the inside
I can not see how this could do any harm
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

twodko

Who knows what Ma MOPAR had in mind here but before youse guys seal up that gap do more research on it.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

HeavyFuel

Quote from: HeavyFuel on January 22, 2013, 04:55:42 PM
I put those pieces on as well over the weekend.  Be thankful you don't have vinyl. :brickwall:

The left side fit "fairly" tight, and should only let in a trickle of water, but the right side has a large gap, especially under the curve where the belt trim should lay flat.  That gap was disturbing enough that I put in a thin foam dam.

I downloaded some pics tonight.

Notice the rail width difference from left to right?  I don't know if that has anything to do with my gi-normous gap on the right side, but I could not get that thing on tighter.

twodko....I here what you're sayin'......but being able to see inside the car from there can't be a good thing.