News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Engine, Transmission, Rearend, & Exhaust / Re: Fuel Pump
Last post by myk - Today at 01:21:41 AM
Question guys: I noticed that the manifold vacuum port on my edelbrock 1411 carb didn't have its cap on it.  I'm guessing it fell off from age, heat, or whatever. Would this affect engine behavior in any way? 
Off Topic Discussion / Re: Hertz abandons the use of ...
Last post by Mike DC - Today at 12:57:03 AM
QuoteThe yacht in question did have sails, look at the pic above..

One theory investigators are exploring is that the yacht was struck by a passing cargo ship that did not notice the collision, according to Canadian news website Saltwire which would have the same result regardless of motive force.

But, of course, that possibility ruins Karen's dynamic.

Fair enough on the sails.  I didn't look.

But I started making assumptions about their safety prep because there was no EPIRB signal.  That's hard to explain. For that kind of ocean trip it would be smart to have two of them (a float-loose on the yacht and another on the life raft itself).

The cargo ship strike theory is plausible, especially at night when visibility is low and people are asleep.  There is cargo traffic in the area.  A big container ship can bust up a small yacht and never know it was there. 

But it's pure speculaton.  The authorities don't have anything to go on.  Maybe in 2037 some sea floor mapping survey will randomly find the yacht wreck.  Then they will send an ROV to identify it, and get disappointed when it's not the Andrea Gail. 

It may be telling that the raft with the bodies washed up on Sable island.  God was being a troll when he put that island there.  All it does is wreck ships.

Aero Cars / Re: Arctic Ocean Trip to Tukto...
Last post by Pinballjim - Yesterday at 07:46:01 PM
Looking forward to seeing pictures of the car "in the wild"!!   Go Bob!!
Aero Cars / Re: Randy's Restomod Daytona o...
Last post by cdr - Yesterday at 05:34:32 PM
In the settings on the Uconnect screen it has an on and off button for the camera on my Challenger, might help or not :) I want this car LOL. great job
Performance Corner / Re: 440 Overheating Solved! pa...
Last post by armor64 - Yesterday at 01:53:12 PM
Quote from: John_Kunkel on Yesterday at 12:37:12 PMTo help even more, why not route the overflow hose into a reservoir and use a recycling radiator cap? This allows you to fill the radiator to the top and gain more coolant capacity.

Oh that's an interesting idea, i know the fluid is up above the tubes in the top tank, but haven't looked into anything like that instead of the included standard rad cap, will keep that in mind when on the lookout for parts too.
Off Topic Discussion / Re: Hot weather affecting your...
Last post by Kern Dog - Yesterday at 01:13:51 PM
If technology is by choice and not mandated, I don't have much of a problem with it.
Performance Corner / Re: 440 Overheating Solved! pa...
Last post by John_Kunkel - Yesterday at 12:37:12 PM
To help even more, why not route the overflow hose into a reservoir and use a recycling radiator cap? This allows you to fill the radiator to the top and gain more coolant capacity.
Aero Cars / Re: GENERAL ELECTRIC HEAD LIGH...
Last post by Wingnut426 - Yesterday at 12:33:03 PM
Thanks John.  Mine have SAE H69 above the 2-9. Any idea on value? Pete
Off Topic Discussion / Re: Hot weather affecting your...
Last post by John_Kunkel - Yesterday at 12:24:53 PM

"This summer, Californians faced a crippling heat wave, and the prospect of power blackouts and brownouts. But the state came through the potential energy crisis, thanks to a kind of power storage that's new to many – solar batteries."  :nana: