News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Driver/Passenger window glass Fastenes

Started by Gold Rush, March 23, 2017, 09:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold Rush

I am replacing both door windows on my '74 SE and have found the previous owner must have done the same because all but two of the eight OEM fasteners are trashed!!  Anyone know of a source for these?  I have spent hours on the computer and have had zero success.... 

TIA

Jerry
24 years USAF, 25 years consumer electronics repair technician.  Now I ride a Honda Goldwing trike and wrench my latest project.  Children and Grandchildren are gown so I have to find other places to spend my time and money!

BLK 68 R/T

I'm not familiar with the '74 model. Can you post some pics of the fasteners you are looking for?

Gold Rush

Of the eight fasteners that were suppose to be there plastic only remained on three of them.  Here is a pix of the front and back view for the back "Nut" plate and the view of the small inside piece.

24 years USAF, 25 years consumer electronics repair technician.  Now I ride a Honda Goldwing trike and wrench my latest project.  Children and Grandchildren are gown so I have to find other places to spend my time and money!

BLK 68 R/T

Take a look here:
https://www.jimsautoparts.com/glass_and_%20window_parts.htm

They show part MC123 about 1/2 way down the page as fitting a 74 B body.

Gold Rush

Thanks!  Yes, I had seen those before.  They may indeed fit the '73 but are not what I need for my '74 SE.  I went by a local auto glass shop yesterday and they gave me some pieces and parts they had laying around.  I managed to engineer enough to make up for the missing/broken fasteners so I believe I'll be good to do when reassemble comes around. 

I do appreciate your help!!

Jerry