News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent posts

For me, the longest trip was 1,400+ miles round trip from Boston to the Chrysler Proving Grounds & back. The second longest was from Boston to Butler PA & back which was over 1,100 miles. But those trips were decades ago.
Charger Discussion / Re: Too valuable to drive?
Last post by Mytur Binsdirti - Today at 04:53:13 AM
40 years ago, I drove my 68 hemi Charger all over the place including from MA to the Chrysler Proving Grounds twice. Back then, early 80's cars were no more comfortable than 60's cars and I can't imagine making that trip today in the middle of the summer with no a/c, hot vinyl seats, wind blast (from all the windows open), crappy radio, etc.

The ease and comfort of driving new cars has spoiled us all and these old cars are more relegated mainly for local cruising, not distant cruising. Worrying about the value is a concern, but not as big of a concern for me. With a new car, you start it up and put it in gear just like that in comfort. Such is not the case with an older car. Buyt, older cars are fun in their own way and the cool factor is something that new cars don't have.
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 12:45:51 AM
I was out in mine today. It was only a 12 mile drive but I peeled out, hugged the curves, rowed through the gears and loved every moment of it.
I see no point of a car that just sits and doesn't get driven.
Interior / Re: Retrosound Redondo radio
Last post by marshallfry01 - Yesterday at 11:21:16 PM
I know you've already ordered it but I'd seriously consider sending it back. The fitment and sound quality reviews on those are quite shitty. Get your original thumb wheel radio converted to AM/FM/BT. That way it'll look 100% factory and sound much better. If you don't already have an original thumb wheel radio, a really nice core can be had for $100 or less.
Movies and TV Shows / Re: General Lee / 69' Charger ...
Last post by marshallfry01 - Yesterday at 11:07:44 PM
The correct name for the tail panel paint is Organasol black... but PPG hot rod black is commonly used and looks factory to me.
Last post by marshallfry01 - Yesterday at 11:01:54 PM
They'll keep going up in price. The younger generation are into these cars more than one might think. I'm 30 and I have 2 69 models. Currently restoring my 383 car and I'll be starting on the R/T when I'm finished with it. And if you're worried about value, insure it for agreed upon value so you can replace it if the unthinkable happens.... But don't let the value keep you from driving it.
Charger Discussion / Re: Finest Сasual Dating - Liv...
Last post by hemi-hampton - Yesterday at 10:14:07 PM
 :slap:
Charger Discussion / Finest Сasual Dating - Living ...
Last post by hamzadani - Yesterday at 10:04:05 PM
Discover the ultimate in relaxed romance with the best casual dating platform!
Verified Maidens
Outstanding Сasual Dating
Haven't posted in a while.
Been fighting a weird Drive-By-Wire issue with the Holley.
Finally got it figured out.
Hope this helps some of you too.
PS - Don't mind the wiring mess that is typically hidden by my carpet, plans are for me to tidy it up and design a bracket to mount everything to soon.

Ryan

Last post by Pinballjim - Yesterday at 06:06:54 PM
I bought a Superbird about 18 months ago.   I went into the transaction knowing I wasn't going to be driving it unless there was ZERO chance of rain and I would not leave the car by itself.   I take it to car shows and cruise nights and even had it out for coffee a couple times.  The cafe' I go to has an outdoor seating area and I meet up with a couple other car guys.  We sit and knock back a pot of coffee but the cars are within about 75' of us.   Because of the value, I do not drive it as much as my AMX, my 409 Chevy, or my other old cars.   As a result, when I DO drive it, it's a special treat.  Hell, they're all a special treat.   We all have different situations but when you think about it, everyone here is pretty lucky to have some old iron to enjoy.  I say enjoy them while we can.  There WILL be a day when we can't.  In the meantime, Lets run OPEC dry!!